Pontiac G8 Forum banner

641 - 660 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
No one has paid that price that I know of. Most were around 370.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No one has paid that price that I know of. Most were around 370.
Then that only makes my Kooks twice the price of Pypes headers. I'm completely satisfied with my Kooks even with the higher price. By the pics of the Pypes headers, the craftsmanship on the Kooks headers is on a whole different level.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cool, then these aren't for you I paid $230 for my manzo, they do the trick. Kooks were 700, add in the connections pipes at you're close to a grand. No thanks. I made up the hp with other mods instead.
This isn't a thread about kooks, it's about pypes. You'll find more than enough threads to exclaim how much you like your kooks on those threads.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Cool, then these aren't for you I paid $230 for my manzo, they do the trick. Kooks were 700, add in the connections pipes at you're close to a grand. No thanks. I made up the hp with other mods instead.
This isn't a thread about kooks, it's about pypes. You'll find more than enough threads to exclaim how much you like your kooks on those threads.
I know this isn't a Kooks thread. I replied about the post of Kooks being 3 times the price. I got mid-length, so I didn't have to get a connection pipe. Kooks LT's and a connection pipe is way more than a grand.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I know this isn't a Kooks thread. I replied about the post of Kooks being 3 times the price. I got mid-length, so I didn't have to get a connection pipe. Kooks LT's and a connection pipe is way more than a grand.
I paid 329.00 but with shipping was pretty close to 400.00, but anything being shipped to Canada cost a small fortune. With duty, taxes & brokerage fees, what seem inexpensive ends up costing a small fortune.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I paid 329.00 but with shipping was pretty close to 400.00, but anything being shipped to Canada cost a small fortune. With duty, taxes & brokerage fees, what seem inexpensive ends up costing a small fortune.
So, you mean $400 plus duty, taxes and brokerage fees? They sure do know how to stack it on there, don't they?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
So, you mean $400 plus duty, taxes and brokerage fees? They sure do know how to stack it on there, don't they?
Thats why we have free medical.You go to the hospital & do not have to pay 100,000.00 when you are really sick.Even better you have to pay 500.00 for nothing.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Then that only makes my Kooks twice the price of Pypes headers. I'm completely satisfied with my Kooks even with the higher price. By the pics of the Pypes headers, the craftsmanship on the Kooks headers is on a whole different level.
If i bought Kooks LT it would cost me 1062.50 plus shipping another 120.00 plus who knows what taxes, brokerage fees & some fees I have never heard of for 1500.00 or maybe less for 10HP which will not make a big difference.I have changed my Axle backs & CAI to K & N so if i get 400 RWP I guess saving almost 1000.00 is worth it.I couuld get mids less than a 1000.00 installed with HFC's. But for me since I live in Canada seems like a rip off.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thats why we have free medical.You go to the hospital & do not have to pay 100,000.00 when you are really sick.Even better you have to pay 500.00 for nothing.
IMO, Canada's setup is better than the U.S. I bet your roads, highways and everything else is in tip top shape. For it to be that way, money has to come from somewhere.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If i bought Kooks LT it would cost me 1062.50 plus shipping another 120.00 plus who knows what taxes, brokerage fees & some fee I have never heard of 1500.00 or maybe less for 10HP will not make a big difference.I have changed my Axle backs & CAI to K & N so if i get 400 RWP I guess saving almost 1000.00 is worth it.I couuld get mids less than a 1000.00 installed with HFC's. But for me since I live in Canada seems like a rip off.
OUCH! Now that I see it in your eyes, I would do the same.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
IMO, Canada's setup is better than the U.S. I bet your roads, highways and everything else is in tip top shape. For it to be that way, money has to come from somewhere.
Some roads are great others are debatable.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I know if you get sick you do not have to sell your car. A little off topic but that is why are taxes are so HIGH.

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you get sick here, we have to sell our cars and house and live in a cardboard box.
Unless you have insurance, then you don't.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Not when your employer pays for it.
Correct again but not all employers pay for it. We pay more taxes up here plain & simple.
But getting back to these headers some people will diss them & others will be happy for what they are. With my upgrades I could not be happier after getting my solo axle backs & changing to K & N my car pulls like even harder.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What kind of exhaust smell do you get when you install these headers? I know some G8s have two big cats that are removed but others have two little cats in the mid pipe that would stay.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
What kind of exhaust smell do you get when you install these headers? I know some G8s have two big cats that are removed but others have two little cats in the mid pipe that would stay.
Only GXP and 2009.5 GTs have the mid-pipe "pup" cats as is my understanding.
If you run completely cat-less, it will smell and act more like a racecar. Loud, stinky and completely badass.
If you want to keep things a little more tame you can add some HFCs or some resonators. Kooks Mids are very highly regarded as a solid choice for good power and much better flow, just a smidge less top-end power vs. longtubes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for posting this. The stealership wanted $17 each + tax. I got two shipped for less than $17!

I had one heck of a time separating my mid pipe from my cats so I am pretty sure I'd have more than $17 worth of effort, sweating, cursing, etc trying to get my old donut gaskets off in one piece!

For reference just in case someone can't get their old ones off, here is the part number for the stock donut gasket. Listed as Center Muffler Gasket. They are $6.60 each on gmpartsonline, $7 shipped on eBay if you come across them.

I confirmed the part on eBay with an auction for a pair of them

641 - 660 of 665 Posts