Pontiac G8 Forum banner

661 - 665 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jeff, yes of course. The less friction the better the flow. But we're talking maybe 23hp gain vs 24-25hp gains.
For a racer, for the high dollar enthusiast, for those that want to impress their girlfriend :) Kooks is a great product. For the guy that wants to go faster while taking his girl on a weekend trip with the money saved, that's Pypes!

That being said, we absolutely can clean up that area.

Ccass I was wondering if y'all ever got the chance to clean those headers up any. I am really considering getting a set of these over the pace setter set but definitely want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. Thanks

·
Pypes Tech
53 Posts
What he said! :)

I have had mine on my 520hp Pro-Charged 09' for 7 years now. They still look, fit and perform very well. I think maybe you just caught one bad production run? However, we did in fact redesign those headers about 3 years ago? I'd have to check with our Product Manager to confirm when. .

And as a side note, someone over 'there' copied the old ones and although they look nice, they didn't quite do them right and they don't fit! You can see them floating around on Ebay for cheap but...…

·
Registered
260 Posts
After about 4 years with the Pypes headers, I just found a crack at the collector weld. You can barely see it, had to pump up the exhaust system with my vacuum on reverse and sprayed soapy wooder. Sucker was blowing bubbles all over the place. Luckily, I have a mechanic at work with a TIG and he's going to weld it back up. I'd say I definitely got my money's worth out of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What he said! :)

I have had mine on my 520hp Pro-Charged 09' for 7 years now. They still look, fit and perform very well. I think maybe you just caught one bad production run? However, we did in fact redesign those headers about 3 years ago? I'd have to check with our Product Manager to confirm when. .

And as a side note, someone over 'there' copied the old ones and although they look nice, they didn't quite do them right and they don't fit! You can see them floating around on Ebay for cheap but...…

That's awesome looks like I'll be ordering a set from summit this week! Thanks guys!

661 - 665 of 665 Posts