Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, let me say, i have the solo mach-shorty balanced exhaust and i absolutely love it! the sound is deep and incredible. but, i just noticed one little thing, a noise coming from the muffler/j-pipe area...i think. i only had it on for about 3 weeks, and only noticed it about a week ago and waited to see if it was just breaking in and would go away, but it didn't. it's kind of like a "ting" noise coming from the muffler area, kind of like taking a coin and hitting it against the tip area...every 2 or 3 seconds it will occur. it will only do it once the car is out and running for a while and then when i get home, i walked outside of the car and it will do it with the car running and for about 5 minutes after i shut off the car. i don't remember this happening with the stock exhaust, but that may be because i pay more attention to the awesome sound from the solo now...anyone have any clue? could it be just retighten the bolts on the j's? it's probably normal or something stupid, but any help is welcome...thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
From what you describe it sounds a lot like expansion and contraction due to heat cycling. Quite normal, but it can't hurt to recheck all the clamps as it should be done anyway a day or two after install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts