Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ngk afx wb and have noticed my afr wandering between 13 and as high as 16 just idling. Do these sensors get inaccurate over time or are they a work/fail type of product?

· Premium Member
4,866 Posts
^^^ I don't even know what that (ngk afx wb) is. If that's a trick oxygen sensor, I would think that over time, there ability to sense any change in the exhaust A/F mixture in a timely matter, starts to fade. I have read that OEM sensors, due indeed start to loose there ability to rapidly send back their sensed signals to the ECM as time goes on. Not enough to have the ECM set a fault code against it necessarily. But I'll bet it could make a car run a little ruff around the idle speed range, and possibly affect it at higher RPMs some.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a brand of wideband.

· HPT Pro Tuner
3,933 Posts
Try an air recalibration and see if it helps. with the cam, I don't think you'll get a static reading at say 14.68 at idle.
Do you know if the WB was getting such readings when new with all the mods you have ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.