Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I'm here doing a bit of research, I have a small pot of money and a G8 GT auto. I think a tune and exhaust is the way I want to go, I want to hear it and have some HP to boot. I'm not looking for much (20-40 hp), what would you guys do with $1500.00.

This isn't my car, I was given the money and the car. I have to give it back with more get up and go and a good sound.

This project is something I took on so I don't spend more on my car. I still get to work on a car, that is my fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the samething, I went to RPM motorsports in NC for my tune. We have shops here to do a tune but the want $$$$$$.
So what mufflers are people using?
Who did your tune and what do you think of it?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had a Roto-Fab intake, a Livernois tune ($600 combo) Kook's 1 7/8" mids with cats($800something). She made 355 at the wheels when they did the baseline dyno before installing my blower.

granted, each car is different...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Virginia, I went to see the guys at RPM because the manufacture of the parts I put on said that they would warranty it if I used them. I have had good luck with them, the price was a big difference from here. A few thousand, plus the nice drive into NC.

·
Registered
496 Posts
For under $1500 I got
1. Roto-Fab cold air intake
2. Magnaflow 16887 cat-back exhaust system
3. SuperChips Cortex tuner
4. 2009 G8 Service Manuals and
5. mud guards.

My G8 sounds and drives much better than stock, and it is nice to be able return to a stock tune or fool with some engine/transmission controller settings with minimal technical knowledge. Not everyone will agree, but I prefer the look of mudflaps over the look of dirty doors and fenders.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the info. I wish the guy had more money to play, I like spending someone else money. The car runs nice now, it should run even better after the work is done. I'm going to email Rick and see what he has to say!!!!! Well back to my forums (camaro5). Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts