Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys caught this show on the speed channel? Pretty neat show where they find guys with imports to race against early model muscle cars. Not too many pontiacs on there but I have seen a really bad ass trans am on there. Mostly camaros, mustangs, and mopar cars on there. The host is really funny. My 3 yr old and I love the show.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My buddy was just telling me about this show, I was asking the stipulations cause I have a semi-track prepped evo and he said an Audi wound up winning one.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I thought I was going to hate it. It's actually very funny and entertaining. I'm hooked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
problem is this drivel and other reality trash has forced real racing such as the Aussie V8 Supercars & World Superbikes off Speed......the channel has become nothing but Nascrap and trash reality programmes.....

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
I've heard of it but never seem to be in front of a TV when it's on...

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
I've seen two episodes and loved them both.

I absolutely drool over their cars. :drool: They are gorgeous! Talk about 'carnography'. :hail:

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
i love the episode where the stang driver bitch slapped the beamer driver wih him still in the car now that was hilarious lol

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i love the episode where the stang driver bitch slapped the beamer driver wih him still in the car now that was hilarious lol
He got the snot slapped out of 'em!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
LOL That and the race with the Superchicken were my favorite moments so far. Some of the more serious ricers are fast though, those guys are gonna have to really stepup.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
i did like the bo duke/ smallville father showing up to race fer the ******** that was a good highlight

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
It was good up to the point where he started racing, then...not so much.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I'll have to check it out one of these days.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I watched the super chicken episode last night. I really hate the whole ******* shtick. That show could have been really good but they had to go with a low rent Larry the cable guy knockoff and dumb it down for the absolute lowest denominator of the NASCAR fan base.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its a good premise

Just get past or ignore the ******* bantor

·
1FASTG8GT
750 Posts
Sounds like something I would be into, going to have to DVR it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
That was hilarious. I was dying when he slapped that guy.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
Having just a very small amount of door-to-door track racing under my belt, I was really put off by that "bitch slap" scene. The BMW driver was IN FRONT, had the correct line, and got side swiped by this idiot ******* trying to dive bomb him in a turn. If it were me, it would have been on like Donky Kong.

Other than that, I find the premise amusing, but it loses a little in that fully track prepped "classic american muscle" goes up against street imports. That's how it has to be, I suppose.
Having Ken Squires (one of the old Olympics announcers IIRC) do the commentary helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yeah but...in the minds of so many (I used to be one of them), "there's no way that old ass *insert classic American muscle car here* can beat my lightweight-technologically advanced-tuned-blah blah blah *insert import car here*. I can see past the ******* part now and enjoy the racing part. I'm a fan of most of the cars on either side of the coin BUT I cheer for the ******** because I like to see the Pro-Touring cars whoop up on newer cars.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts