Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio will not come on at allll i cant use climate controls nothing screen wont come on nothing on the face plate works but thing theres air that comes on buy itself the previous owner said the radio just cut off while he was driving but i only can believe so much i have v6 model someone help please
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Things you can try >>>>> But first !!!!! Re-read your post slowly. Its very confusing to me, due to what appears to be several out of place as well as missing words. Next >>>> You would be better served if you write up a corrected post in the "Electronics" setion on this forum. Members look at that section a lot, an might have some answers for you. I'm pretty sure that its manditory that car manufacturers have to have a cabin fan circuit that will always turn on to at least the dead slow speed, once the ignition has been put into the full on/run position as a safety measure.(as in possible carbon monoxide leakage into the cabin). Is that the air your talking about ? You could look at, test, or replace the F4-15A fuse on the rear fuse panel (labeled RADIO). Any problems with that fuse looks like it would cause a total radio an possibly the HVAC to shutdown. The service manual shows that the radio chassis itself, contains a 25A fuse (if the drawing is correct). I don;t know if its accessable without opening up the case, What its purpose is, is beyond me. You could snatch the faceplate off, an if all the pins an sockets look normal, re-position it correctly, an smartly press that faceplace back into position an see if any improvement takes place.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,220 Posts
 
  • Like
Reactions: GXP25
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top