Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Pontiac gonna produce that ram air hood that they have on the demo model? If not what's the likely hood that you people think someone will make one for it that looks like that?

·
Registered
179 Posts
They picture the scooped hood in the 08 Fleet Manual. Granted, it says show car with optional equipment, but I'm fairly certain the G8 is gonna see the scooped hood.

Although, that would be a pretty bold move for Pontiac to do on the V6's too, now that I think about it. Either way, the hood is slightly different from the Commodore hood, so whatever is supplied will likely be the only option for quite a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They better include the hood. That wold be ultra lame of them to get everyone hyped on the look of the car and then change it when the car launches. Either way, I'll still get one. I just think it would be a retarded move on their part to do so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
In some high res pictures I've seen of that exact same car you can clearly see that the snouts are not open or have holes for air to get in to the engine compartment but are blocked by plastic shrouds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In some high res pictures I've seen of that exact same car you can clearly see that the snouts are not open or have holes for air to get in to the engine compartment but are blocked by plastic shrouds.
Yeah, that's not any different from the GTO. I'm sure they are removable and will then allow some airflow into the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, that's not any different from the GTO. I'm sure they are removable and will then allow some airflow into the engine bay.

If we remove those plastic shrouds will it help cool the engine bay? It seems like it would. It seems like the cooler outside air would go in through the scoops and out where the windshield wipers are....

·
Registered
18 Posts
If we remove those plastic shrouds will it help cool the engine bay? It seems like it would. It seems like the cooler outside air would go in through the scoops and out where the windshield wipers are....
On the underside of a GTO hood, there are plastic shrouds that block water and debris from entering the engine bay. The GTO guys take them out for a little heat reduction. I'm sure the setup will be similar on the G8. :cartman:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts