Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't a 5.0 however, but maybe the cleanest 05-09 I have ever seen. It had a big giant hood and a nice little body kit on it. I'm assuming it was catless with full exhaust because it was loud and sounded sick. Plus it was all white so I assumed it had to be pretty fast.:)

As I cruised by the guy I noticed he had his girlfriend with him in the passenger seat. I gave it a litte rev as I casually drove by and he decided to catch up and return the favor. After a little posturing from him he started dropping gears signalling he wanted a go at it, so I dropped gears as well. He didn't want to go below 60mph which is the bottom of third for me, but thanks to the new stall it isn't as bad as it used to be. We honked it off and went and I pulled 2-3 cars lengths on him quickly. I realized under that giant hood he must not have been hiding giant supercharger after all. We made three pulls but I shut it down by 85-90 every time because I was just blowing by him. I'm talking bus lengths. He and His girlfriend/sister/lady friend or whatever was a good sport about it as she smiled a lot, and home boy gave me a thumbs up and we went about our business.

Ironically there was another mustang cruising along with him. It was a 2010-12 model but I couldn't tell if it was a 5.0. He just hung back and wanted nothing to do with it. Can't say I blame him. I'm so used to running cars that are cammed or super charged that I forget what it is like to run against a regular/bolt on car. Really puts things into perspective because I was really wondering why his car seemed so slow compared to mine. Oh yeah, my car is bad ass :drink:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Your car is indeed bad ass! Nice kill!

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Those Mustangs are more bark than bite with those loud pipes.. I blew one away at the track yesterday. Good kill.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Reminds me of wonder bras. At first I'm all "ohhhhhh" then I'm all "awwwww"

Tease. Nice puppy kicking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. I hate stock cars that wanna play all the time, clearly im not stock and its not like i antagonize... I always feel like its a waste, but I can't fault em for trying.
Yeah You never know what some people have done sometimes. I ran a procharged SRT8 charger onetime when I was bolt-ons and had no idea he was supercharged until I heard the whine of his procharger as he pulled away. I've closed the gap a tad since then though...

Reminds me of wonder bras. At first I'm all "ohhhhhh" then I'm all "awwwww"

Tease. Nice puppy kicking.
LMAO so true

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Good stuff boy-ooo !

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
Good runs! I love the Mustang boys, as most are soo willing to play and don't realize what they're in for. Now the GT500's...you never now how modded they are and can get your butt handed to you if you run the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good runs! I love the Mustang boys, as most are soo willing to play and don't realize what they're in for. Now the GT500's...you never now how modded they are and can get your butt handed to you if you run the wrong one.
I am so used to running cars as equally built or more so than my own I forget what it is like to be a "normal" car. It was a super clean Mustang though so props to him for that. When you buy any pre 2011 GT you have to know that you are going to come out on the short end most of the time.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nice! Yes, your car is one bad ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gotta be honest, only mod on my car is a stock tune. I will be that guy that will still try to run you knowing that you are going to destroy me. I dont care if you have a blower sticking out of your hood, I'll do it just for the thrill of racing. Plus, i dont know what you have until you hit the gas! Dont get me wrong, I prefer to be on the plus side of a good kill, but it doesent matter to me. And, much respect for those modded guys that do hit the gas just to show me what they have.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good kill there Ike!

·
Registered
190 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts