Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one that goes from the front fender, up the ws pillar, above the doors, down the C piller.

Has anyone re&re'd theirs.?

I see one retainer bolt and a number of clips.

How hard are the clips holding on?

Does it come off easy or is there a real chance of kinking it?

It is NLA and I don't want to damage mine taking it off

Thanks for any first hand knowledge

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
The service manual is very vague on instructions on this. They don't even show or talk about that screw securing the strip at the very front. Other than protecting painted surfaces near by, they say (using some type of tool), start at the forward leading edge lifting/prying the trim away from its securing clips, an work your way back. They show it as 1 piece in the service manual, but it sure looks like 2 pieces are joined together on my car to make up the entire run. Whether its 1 or 2 pieces, it does say to start the re-install at the rear. It reads as thou there is a dedicated locator/positioning device (called a datum pin) on that rear most section. That has to be in the correct location during the install, in order to return the entire trim piece back to its original/correct position. I've never touched mine, so I'm not sure how easy or difficult it actually is to remove it.

·
The Mustang dude
1,323 Posts
I removed mine, primed and painted it and put it back on when I first bought my car and I didnt know crap about it back then. I think I posted what I did.... I know I have a bunch of pics in my google account. Not sure why I wouldnt have posted them in here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies.
Have a scratch on our GTs quarter
Hopefully will come out with polish but if not, i need to be ready to reclear the quarter and up the panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
95wagon
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing