Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove this car a couple of weeks ago. Like the color and already tinted windows. No packages (heated leather, sunroof, premium wheels) but like the mileage and 1-owner. It's been priced at $24k for a little over a month and finally been dropped to $23k, emailed and am waiting to see what they can give me for my 06 Sportster 883, not expecting a lot but $4,000 would be nice. We'll see what they come back with.

http://www.acurainwestmont.com/details/used-2009-Pontiac-G8-GT-Westmont-Chicago-IL/6G2EC57Y79L173393/93506482/

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Not bad! If they give you a good deal on your trade in, it would definitely be worth it. They have it listed as liquid red, from the pics, it appears to be sport red. Kind of difficult to see from the dark pics.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I saw that, it's Metallic Red

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes, $2,500-$3,000 dependent on condition

Didn't know what to expect but not liking this number too much, ahh the joys of trading in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yikes, $2,500-$3,000 dependent on condition

Didn't know what to expect but not liking this number too much, ahh the joys of trading in.
If you're okay with the asking price of the car and your sportster is in good shape, you're off by $1,000 without negotiating yet. I wouldn't lose hope, if it has been there a while and they dropped the price then I'd doubt they've been getting a number of serious offers and they're refusing to move a car off their lot over a few hundred or a grand. Work them over more, a price you're happy with is probably within your reach, or maybe even negotiate the price of the car down some and sell the sportster privately. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Just straight up tell them what you want and if they don't give you it you'll be walking out. Like stated above, if you want 4 and they started their offer at 3, you could easily get 4 out of them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
With those wheels, it's not going to sell that fast. Or consider selling privately. Time is on your side.

BTW. you can use car gurus to help you search for deals in your area.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still keeping my eye on the Maroon one at the Acura dealership, still priced at $23k but recently I've come to like this LR GT in Wisconsin. Only $500 more and has 5,000 more miles but do like the fact that it comes with both Premium and Sport packages and red/black leather. In the pictures it looks really clean and in nice condition inside, just worried it's not as clean now since it's been sitting outside in a WI winter since Nov 2011

http://www.holidayautomotive.com/inventory-details/title/fond-du-lac-wi-used-2008-pontiac-g8/vehicleid/84284426-r1992

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After months of searching cars.com and perving the G8board website, I finally purchased my G8 today. Drove from Chicago to Fond du Lac, WI and traded in my old school 92 DeVille for this beautiful liquid red G8. Received many compliments at softball tonight and on Facebook, many "sick" references! Have already been "modding" in my head for the past couple of months and can't wait to start the build. Thanks everyone for all the help the past couple of months!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought HD made Sportsters so that girls can ride also. An '06 883 would be worth 2-3K, that's if you can get someone to buy it. Next time Big Twin only.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh Snaps!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hard to sell those today. Very lethargic. It seems that the Street Glide is getting a lot of attention. Turn it into a cafe racer. Grasshopper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question

Test drove this car a couple of weeks ago. Like the color and already tinted windows. No packages (heated leather, sunroof, premium wheels) but like the mileage and 1-owner. It's been priced at $24k for a little over a month and finally been dropped to $23k, emailed and am waiting to see what they can give me for my 06 Sportster 883, not expecting a lot but $4,000 would be nice. We'll see what they come back with.

http://www.acurainwestmont.com/details/used-2009-Pontiac-G8-GT-Westmont-Chicago-IL/6G2EC57Y79L173393/93506482/

I am also looking for a G8 Gt-found a a Liquid red, Sports + Premium + sunroof, black interior,1 owner 16K miles, great shape, certified w/12-12 and 3 year CPO-24.2K...26K OTD-reputable dealer. Georgia-sound like a deal??

Didn't mean to hijack your post but I couldn't post my own thread since I just joined...TX

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey dmarple80, I ended up buying the G8 GT at the Acura dealership in Westmont last Friday. I really like the color, had my heart set on silver but the price was too good and mileage too low to pass this one up. Didn't have a trade in so it made negotiations easier. Glad to hear you found one that suited your needs. Have fun driving, I know I am.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats Cheimberg! That GT at McGrath was in nice condition and I'm happy with my 08 LR. Enjoy the driving. I've only had it for 1 week and I already have the Roto-fab and Livernois 93 tune along with some Solo catbacks. The mod bug is dangerous!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts

·
That's ME!
4,021 Posts
Okay. Thanks. I didn't know. Because nada retail on it with the options it has is like 39 but kbb is like 34. So i didnt know what to go by. So hopefully there will be a new gxp owner here within the next week. :)
35K isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but I routinely see GXP's on ebay either not reach reserve or a buy it now in the low 30's...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
QTownG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing