Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When and talked to my tinter during lunch. It almost like a tradition that every car my family buys, gets dark window tint. But apparently too many weenies have been blaming him for them getting tickets. Even thought it is posted multiple times in his shop and on the receipt what Ohio limits are. First he said he would only do 50% in the front (legal). But I told him I'd keep my money for that. So he agreed to at least do 35% all around. Hopefully it isn't too light, or I'll be taking a trip to Columbus to have it re-done.

My old car

My Mom's car

My dad's truck

his other truck

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Back when I tinted mine, I just called around till I found places that would tint whatever I wanted done. Found one pretty quickly, lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
What are Ohio limits. In Illinois its 35 and that is what I have but wish it was a bit darker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I'm sure there's another window tinter in town....
My guy doesn't like to go darker then legal but he will...

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
My guy will do whatever you want but I am hours away from you. 35 isn't bad and seems like a popular shade. I too was gonna say ,go to someone who will go darker .

By the way , what are they charging you guys to tint all around ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know a guy who owns a shop, he will not warranty any tint darker than legal because the people that get tickets for it try to mess up the tint and get the legal shade under warranty.

·
Big D
333 Posts
in TN the law is 35%. when i got mine done i thought it was 20% so i have 20% all the way around. I have had 20% on my last car for a number of years and never had any issue with tickets or anything like that, but recently a bunch of people at work made it sound like i was super brave for sticking with 20%

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My guy will do whatever you want but I am hours away from you. 35 isn't bad and seems like a popular shade. I too was gonna say ,go to someone who will go darker .

By the way , what are they charging you guys to tint all around ?
No other good shops near by. One is run by a coke dealer, so I'll be damned if I'm leaving my car there. The other does very shoddy work. He is charging me $190.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't get it... they all look good...
what's the problem?
That is the problem. Those all have 15-20%, but he only wants to do 50% front until I talked him down to 35%.

What are Ohio limits. In Illinois its 35 and that is what I have but wish it was a bit darker.
50% front, rear can be anything. I was pulled over 3 times in my Monte and issued one $115 ticket. To me a ticket every couple months is worth the look.

·
Registered
112 Posts
5% all the way around with a sun strip on the windshield. I'm in Toledo, got it done less than a year ago at a local shop. He gave me a receipt for warranty work also. I've gone to him with my last 3 cars, had 5% on all of them. Never had any legal trouble for the tint :secret:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got 0% and all windows except front which is 15%, only got 1 ticket in two years, didnt notice my front windshield.

Have a second pair of stock driver pass. glass just swapped off singed ticket and swapped same day.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got 0% and all windows except front which is 15%, only got 1 ticket in two years, didnt notice my front windshield.

Have a second pair of stock driver pass. glass just swapped off singed ticket and swapped same day.
Sooo... 0%. I guess you just painted your windows black? 0% would be zero light through the glass. Must be hard to drive, lol

Seems like a lot of work to swap glass twice in a single day, I would have just paid the fine. I think I've got to call B.S. on this little story.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's cool think what you want I'm not hear to please nor ask your approval for the way I like my car, your more then welcome to come see it if you think I'm a "bull****ter" and yes I do swap glass, I am a gm tech and it takes me a total of a hour to swap out and swap in, $200 for a ticket or a hour of work you can make the call.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not trying to cause trouble...

If your windows are zero% then zero light can come through. How can you see to drive? And where did you find zero% tint? My 5% can prove challenging sometimes I can't imagine any darker.

I love the look of the black windows, I've never been brave enough to tint the whole windshield though.

You're car looks good!

Edit- I retract my B.S. statement and apologize humbly

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not trying to cause trouble...

If your windows are zero% then zero light can come through. How can you see to drive? And where did you find zero% tint? My 5% can prove challenging sometimes I can't imagine any darker.

I love the look of the black windows, I've never been brave enough to tint the whole windshield though.

You're car looks good!

Edit- I retract my B.S. statement and apologize humbly
No worries my apology to cluster up tread. It isn't bad at all from inside and can see everything 100% fine, I wouldn't have done it if I posed a treat to others from lack of visibility. It may be the tint he uses I'm not sure. You can not see in but out is not bad at all. I have had tint before I got my liscense main reason aside from looks is it doesn't fade my leather and seats stay cool I'm 100 degree weather. You may be right it may not be 0, but is double layered 2.5

1 - 20 of 39 Posts