Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear bumper rattle on right hand side of tire

I have not jacked up my car yet but I noticed on rear right hand side it is loose near the rear wheel well. Dose anyone now what size bolts holds this in place.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did not end up being loose after getting it on a hoist, thought it was the splash guard but need more driving. Will know in the next week, but something seems to be rattling. All the suspension components seem to be tight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is the bumper rattling or is the rattling sound coming from that area? I found an annoying rattle coming from the heat shield, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the bumper rattling or is the rattling sound coming from that area? I found an annoying rattle coming from the heat shield, just a thought.
It is not the bumper rattling but it is coming from the right rear it is not that bad bud it is irritating. I will have to drive it more to see if it is still there I believe it is. The heat shield I thought was the problem but will see as it has been moved .

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had a rattle in the back that ended up being the plastic 'tube' that goes around the strut. I'm not sure what it is called, but mine was no longer attached to the top of the strut so it would rattle around when I'd go over bumps or even if I just bounced the back of the car up and down. Fixed it when I changed struts out to Konis.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rattle is actually on the left side. I will have to drive it around more to see if it is still as bad.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the brake shield it was right against the disk. Bent back and the rattling is now gone.I had to listen to every single bump & I am hearing regular noise. Every now & then I hear a slight noise & think that now I am being OCD.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After more driving the rattle is still their will have to put washer behind the brake shield & see if that stops it.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe so but still need it fixed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It was the brake shield it was right against the disk. Bent back and the rattling is now gone.I had to listen to every single bump & I am hearing regular noise. Every now & then I hear a slight noise & think that now I am being OCD.
Well OCD is better than ADD or ADHD or having an STD, so OCD is A-OK! CUL8R, TTFN.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was a rear knuckle bearing replaced it, fixed the rattle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts