Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So small problem, my rear cigarette tray wont stay closed in my 07 GTS. Anyone know a fix for this? I was going to glue it closed but thought i'd ask here first.
Cheers

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
No suggestion outside of glue, Velcro, tape, JB Weld, removal, replacement, paper weight, etc. without knowing or seeing how it closes. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
So small problem, my rear cigarette tray wont stay closed in my 07 GTS. Anyone know a fix for this? I was going to glue it closed but thought i'd ask here first.
Cheers
Just replace it. It's probably the mechanism that holds it closed that broke. I don't have the part number right now but it comes directly out of a Calais.

I have one in my G8. Does your light work? And if so or not, do you know how to properly replace the bulb without damaging anything?

Images from Paul.

Attachments

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep thats exactly what i'm looking for GXP25, thank you. Nope no light in mine. I you could find the part number i'd be greatful.

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you buy that from atikovi?

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
I'm quite sure *all* the G8's only came off the assembly line with the small storage compartment below the radio/HVAC screen, as well as the one at the rear of the console. For quite a while, there was an outfit in Australia that would sell you a kit to convert the front compartment over to a smoker setup with a raise an lower closeout cover. That kit may have even had an option for the same thing for the compartment at the rear of the console. But I no longer see it available. Or I'm not looking hard enough at the various sources from there, that might still supply those items.

·
Registered
260 Posts
CP could have gotten them - miss him!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
92170640 is the part number etched on the plastic tray.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
To be clear, I have one in my G8 because I upgraded to the HSV triple gauges along with the smokers' pack about 4 years ago.

I think you'd want #2 and/or #7 in the drawing. P/N 92200597 and 92196666, respectively. Or hit up www.ebay.com.au (there are three auctions for used ones).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
US cars didn't come with the smokers packs. Have to get them from Oz, or maybe Karo might be able to source them.

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick fix....STOP SMOKING....or driving smokers around....
But I'm sure you've heard all this before

I don't smoke and no one is allowed to smoke in my car.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Excellent....not like I'm trying to me your mother other something....
One thing I did not consider is if an owner wants every bell and whistle on there car, you have it covered.
Take care.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not showing any on Ebay, even in AU. Been looking for one of these fora while just as an OEM rear 12V source vs custom fabbing into the stock center console.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Man. How hard is it to NOT break the little silver flourish off the lid? I haven't found it to be an issue, but almost all those are missing it.

The stock little shelf we all got is/was pretty useless, much like what they left us with when taking out the atari gauges. I got the rear smoker's pack and keep a usb charger & cord in it for the convenience of rear passengers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
kevtheo1191
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing