Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I've had my G8 up on the lift. I'm trying to remember why a simple plate like the one shown in the picture below couldn't be made from 1/8" plate, then a coil mount bracket welded to it?

The bottom would just be a through bolt. Then size up the factory shock (extension & compression) and buy the correct size coil over and spring?

Coil spring Gas Nickel Household hardware Metal

· Registered
4,026 Posts
There is an extra layer of steel on the body by/around one of the 4 mount bolts, so you have to account for that with extra material on the rest of the plate. And the shock is at a weird angle. If you use just a flat plate with a mount on the bottom, you'll need a really short coil over.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was doing some more reading. A short shock/spring wouldn't be good. My goal is to fab a setup that would be good for drag racing. I'm not into the stance stuff.

Well, back to the drawing board.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
I’m going a simpler route with the QA1 Camaro single adjustment shocks. Keeping the upper plate.
Camera accessory Material property Automotive lighting Auto part Tints and shades

· Registered
5,346 Posts
GS601 is the part number.

Reactions: Jreichel

· Registered
5,346 Posts
I may trim a coil off the top of the stock ones. I also have Teins from my first G8. They are adjustable so I can adjust the rear height so I can balance it to what I want.

Reactions: Jreichel
1 - 8 of 8 Posts