Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
BMR also has good directions on their website, look at rear upper control arms, inner bushing installation instructions. You have to remove all 4 rear cradle bolts, and drop subframe ~ 3 inches to access the inner bolts. Use heat on those cradle bolts before trying to remove. Don't have to take the whole thing out. I did it like this without a lift last summer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I did cradle bushing inserts, heating the bolts made it harder to get out. Contrary to EVERYTHING I read. The more heat I applied, the tougher they became and when they did move, it wasn’t smooth, very jerky movement. I just used a long pipe extension on the wrench and slowly wrenched them out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually already got them out the bolts came out with ease believe it or not. The only thing I had a problem with worthy back to bolts that the bushing was held in by. The bushing look like it was in good shape so I just unbolted the center bold and slid the whole control I’m right out and then with the new one in. I know I’ll probably catch Hell for not replacing the pushing but it is a high mileage car and I’m just going to drive it on the weekends for fun

1 - 10 of 10 Posts