·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Seen the led deflectors but don't recall if they were smoked or not. If I remember correctly, the member incorporated them into the rear turn signal as well.

Reactions: BAS G8

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I have them too. Just have to decide if I want them to go with the brake lights or running lights.

Reactions: FiveOWithA6.0

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My neighbor helped me out and wired them up with the running lights. They are a solid red, the don't get any brighter when you hit the brakes. I like them that way they look sharp.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have them on my car and they do get brighter when the brakes are applied.
Hummmm... do you happen to remember where you wired them in? I'm beginning to think mine might be wrong lol. Did yours only have 2 wires coming off the reflectors?

·
Registered
48 Posts
2 wires. The black goes to the ground and the green goes to the brake light. When the lights are on they are lit. When the brakes are applied they get much brighter. Easy and cool mod.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 wires. The black goes to the ground and the green goes to the brake light. When the lights are on they are lit. When the brakes are applied they get much brighter. Easy and cool mod.
Thanks! I need to double check where he wired the green.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
411 Posts
If you look behind the tires up in there you will see the trunk vents, perfect spot to run the wires up to the trunk.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you look behind the tires up in there you will see the trunk vents, perfect spot to run the wires up to the trunk.
This^^ No drilling at all. Was actually a really simple install.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
411 Posts
Right here.
20210723_203701.jpg

·
Registered
2009 MGM GT. In need of wider tires and LSA
61 Posts
I hated this when i did mine.
Green is universal ground in my mind

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Ground* wire typically has black sheathing and seems to be standard on most vehicles. On the other hand, black is the color of the "hot" wire from the electric panel in both residential and commercial applications.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts