Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some suggestions in tracking down the problem. My rear driver side window will not roll back up.

Here are the details:

All of the other windows work fine.
It will not work from either the console switch or the door switch.
Pressing the buttons does not make any kind of noise.

Thanks for any help,

Scott

EDIT - Solved

I pulled apart the center console to get access to the underside of the window switch. There are two connectors. The connector in the front is for the front windows and side mirrors. The connector in the rear is for the rear windows. I unplugged the rear connector (there is a push tab in the front) applied some dielectric grease and plugged it back in. Problem solved... for now.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some suggestions in tracking down the problem. My rear driver side window will not roll back up.

Here are the details:

All of the other windows work fine.
It will not work from either the console switch or the door switch.
Pressing the buttons does not make any kind of noise.

Thanks for any help,

Scott

EDIT - Solved

I pulled apart the center console to get access to the underside of the window switch. There are two connectors. The connector in the front is for the front windows and side mirrors. The connector in the rear is for the rear windows. I unplugged the rear connector (there is a push tab in the front) applied some dielectric grease and plugged it back in. Problem solved... for now.
scotttransam,

I'm happy to hear that things are working better for you. Don't hesitate to contact us if you experience any issues moving forward. Drive safe out there.

All the best,

William R.
GM Customer Care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts