Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Just got my Body Kits Kingdom spoiler

And here it is. I had to elongate one of the holes in the trunk lid a bit but after that fit was good. Really liking it.
Does this come in black from them?

Also, how does it attach?

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Thanks,

The G8 spoiler fairy got mine in the car wash yesterday. I'm going to go with the B also. I like how it lines up with the top of the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I don't know if it's their site or my work connection, but I have tried in both Chrome and Edge and can't get the checkout process to work. I can put it in my cart, go to the checkout screen, but as soon as I actually go to check out, it freezes up in both browsers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's them - I had the same problem. I'll PM my email correspondence with them to you.

JAM

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Thank you. I was trying on my phone too.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hope its clear from the PM I sent you. Ultimately, they had to send me a PayPal money request.

Additionally, the spoiler was sent directly from Thailand IIRC rather than Australia.

JAM

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Yup. I took the email addy and sent one to them.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
A little package from the land down under came yesterday.

Spoiler 1.jpg

Rename Spoiler 2.jpg

Spoiler 3.jpg

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hopefully they fixed the bolt holes so that expansion of the trunk lid holes are no longer necessary - it was a mild inconvenience.

As previously mentioned, my CF spoiler did not ship from down under. Also, the addition of the double sided tape is a nice addition. mine did not have that.

JAM

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Yea, a little ticked because I was fine with black. Now this forces me to paint it which is additional cost.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
So it is done. Will go get it today. Most likely won't get it on until next weekend.

1617027327426.png

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
It's been a week now since I put it on.

Impressions;

1) The Allen Head Cap screw that they give you would be better served by a hex head bolt. Also, you DO NOT want to over tighten these fasteners. It is only going in to soft fiberglass. Not a built in nut.
2) Mine came in primer grey. I was a little dissappointed because others I had been communicating with had received theirs in black which I was ok with because that would've fit the coloring of the car. And there is no option that requests what color you want when you order. Since it came in primer grey it kinda forced my hand to paint it, which I did.
3) The lines on the top of the spoiler don't evenly line up to points on the car. The average eye won't pick it up, but I noticed it right away.

Regardless, It came out excellent.

If you look closely it doesn't align evenly to the lines of the tail lights. It is on properly and fastened properly. It's just an imperfection of the spoiler.
20210330_084038.jpg

20210330_084024.jpg

Reactions: Hot Rod

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Can kinda sorta see #3, but it's not blatantly obvious.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Yea, you have to be looking for it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts