Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear trunk stock spoiler flew off while driving down the interstate. I've been look for replacement options without much luck. I am just looking for the stock spoiler. The dealership has it for $780 plus paint. Are there any cheaper options out there?? Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I believe G8only and Maverick Man Carbon have fiberglass replacements that are cheaper than that.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
My rear trunk stock spoiler flew off while driving down the interstate. I've been look for replacement options without much luck. I am just looking for the stock spoiler. The dealership has it for $780 plus paint. Are there any cheaper options out there?? Thanks!
Australia. ~$300-$400 shipped.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've got a stock PBM spoiler for sale if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
If you can swing a deal with "BlueG8GT" terrific. If not, they show that gtog8ta.com sells the complete oem spoiler kit for $500 with a P/N LMG2380

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
On a computer, can go 1. Edit. 2. Delete. 3. Select delete this message. 4. Then click on delete message and remove a post.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
^^^^^ That worked as advertised, thanks. Another example that shows no mater how old I get, i keep on learning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered mine from BodyKitsKingdom. It takes a few weeks to get here and the clear coat on mine isn't 100% perfect, but I like it. They might tell you to order through G8Only though since they are a vendor, or you might be able to email them and pay through paypal yourself and save about $20.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've found one from an online GM dealer online for ~550 including shipping, gmcertifiedparts.com (but I've found multiple places with the price within $20 or so from each other).

Before mounting it, I took a soldering iron, and melted a solid seam along the whole perimeter of the mounting surface, and also poured epoxy around the little vertical stands that connect the upper and lower parts of the spoiler. I hope this one will last better.

The plastic of the spoiler is actually very resilient. I've tried to break a piece off the old spoiler, and I couldn't, I could only cut it with the shears, and even that quite difficult. But I guess the loads on these little connectors are so high that over time they break off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've found one from an online GM dealer online for ~550 including shipping, gmcertifiedparts.com (but I've found multiple places with the price within $20 or so from each other).

Before mounting it, I took a soldering iron, and melted a solid seam along the whole perimeter of the mounting surface, and also poured epoxy around the little vertical stands that connect the upper and lower parts of the spoiler. I hope this one will last better.

The plastic of the spoiler is actually very resilient. I've tried to break a piece off the old spoiler, and I couldn't, I could only cut it with the shears, and even that quite difficult. But I guess the loads on these little connectors are so high that over time they break off.

For that price, might as well go aftermarket with the FRP (and paint it) or CF from Mavman, but you will probably be waiting a while

·
Registered
116 Posts
For that price, might as well go aftermarket with the FRP (and paint it) or CF from Mavman, but you will probably be waiting a while
Yes You WILL be waiting a while for a Mav Man spoiler, I've been waiting since last April for an FRP one.
His stuff is good tho so I don't mind

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
ThickRicc
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing