Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a C0045 code that showed my left rear wheel speed sensor needed replaced. I did check the wire and harness and all seemed good. While removing the sensor it broke off in the knuckle. I am looking for the easiest way to remove the broken portion so I can get the new sensor in. I have a buddy telling me I can push it inward and try to break it up and it should drop out the back. Is this correct? Anyone run into this issue? Here is a pic of the broken sensor next to the new one for reference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I remember one member had the same basic problem. Somehow he was able to break up that broken off section stuck in the spindle. Looking at drawings, it appears to be installed at approximately the horizontal position. If you "can" break it into smaller pieces, maybe they could then be blown out with some nifty air pressure, or possibly sucked out with a vacuum.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got the sensor out by drilling. After disconnecting everything (not the knuckle) the knuckle dropped down enough to easily get a drill in there and break it up and replace with a new one. Did a test run and light still on. So I went to double check the wire 4 prong harness on the passenger side and I did actually find a broken wire. I don't think I have enough wire left to repair (see pic) so I may buy a new wore harness. My buddy is telling me just to cut the new one and use the 4 prong connector to use the existing old wire harness.I kind of don't want to take a short cut and want to just install the entire wire harness.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Can do as suggested with the wire connector if the rest of the wiring has been confirmed to be intact or install the new wiring harness. Alternatively, could try to locate just the connector with a few inches of wiring and attach it to the old wiring. Personally, would not purchase an entire wiring harness and only use the connector portion. Sure the job is a heck of a lot faster and easier, but it defeats/negates purchasing the entire wire harness. Just my $.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts