Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im rebuilding my 09 G8 Gt. It is my daily driver so i dont want to do anything extreme to it and i want it to last. The engine had over 200,000 miles on it. Im getting new rods, pistons and gaskets. Im getting a bigger cam and dod delete. New water pump, power steering pump, belts, harmonic balancer, o2 sensors, plugs and wires. Any other suggestions on things i should replace while the engine is out? Any other sensors or anything that go bad pretty regular?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you have the budget I recommend the following:
GM 92258220 - 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV 170A High Output Alternator. Our cars suck up a lot of voltage as-is and this alternator charges the battery a lot faster. Stock GT and GXP alternators only output 100A.
GM 92202964 - G8 GT Starter. A new starter after 200k is not a bad idea.
GM 92252927 - Revised AC Bracket with new idler pulley and tensioner.
GM 92244381 - Longer belt for Revised AC Bracket
GM 92234040 - How's the radiator after 200k?
GM 13502509 - If your radiator is good to go, it's recommended you replace the radiator cap every few years.
GM 92251462 - Revised Gas Cap

The stock engine motor mounts have oil in them. Long term there is risk of leaks. I installed these which don't use oil in them and they behave like stock.
Super Pro SPF-TRC2000 - Polyelast Motor Mounts

How's your suspension? Front struts? Rear shocks? Coil springs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thats very helpful. Ill look into those. I did change the front struts and springs not too long ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts