Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

Yesterday morning, I was driving my 3.6L G8 when the dreaded Red X popped up. Door locks went crazy, shifting got really rough, Stability Control shut off, and it killed the AC. I had seen similar issues in an ex-girlfriend's HHR, and for her it was the battery. I decided that would be the place to start. I had just replaced the battery 6 months ago. It is a Delco gold series (94RPG). I pulled the battery, and my positive battery clamp (metal piece between the on battery fuses and battery post) had corroded away on the bottom part. Bought a new one, replaced it. So far, so good. Just random advice if someone wants to troubleshoot this issue. Of course, YMMV.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Appreciate the tidbit of information. In my very humble opinion, the Chevrolet HHR has a strong resemblance (body wise) to the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Awhile ago, looked under the hood of a PT Cruiser and couldn't help but to shake my head at yet another perpendincular/tranverse engine configuration.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Best place to start is a code reader. I got the big red X, and A/C turned off. Read the codes and got a code for the coolant temperature sensor. Changing the battery cleared the code, but if you have a sensor going bad, it will come back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts