Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any clue on how many of our cars are left or have been rebuilt? Almost 10 years in and I'm willing to bet at least a third are gone

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Right now, I have 77 GXPs listed in the G8 GXP Registry that have been listed as Totalled/Salvage/Rebuilt/Flood/Fire etc. However, some of these cars have been rebuilt and returned to the road. It is never going to be an "exact science" to know precisely how many G8 GXPs still exist, but I will continue to keep track to give us a decent idea.

·
198 Posts
Assuming a couple of those are back on the road as rebuilt that is only about a 4% attrition. I guess we really treasure our GXPs and take good care of them :smile2:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I saw one in the wild the other day and was taken back for a second. You don't seem them often that's for sure. It's almost as much of a shame to put miles on them as it is to not drive it.....

·
Pontiac Crazy
459 Posts
I saw one in the wild the other day and was taken back for a second. You don't seem them often that's for sure. It's almost as much of a shame to put miles on them as it is to not drive it.....
I ain't making a car payment just to look at it. 126k and counting.

·
Grand Poobah
290 Posts
Yeah, put as many miles as possible on it and go ahead and mod the piss out of it too while you're at it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Within 60 miles of 100k on mine. New engine with cam, heads, LSA. Next is suspension, again. I may have the front bumper cover repainted, at which point, I may put it up for sale.

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
65k on mine and it doesn't get driven enough.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
11,000 miles in just over two years from when i bought it. 3500 miles of that was the round about drive home from Milwaukee to Scottsdale AZ. 53k total on the clock now. Mostly driving it on weekends.Love every minute of driving it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I remember talking to a guy in Nashville last year that had a black G8 GXP and said he bought it to drive it so he drives it everyday, had a 193k miles on the clock. Said the car has been indestructible and has shown no major issues, which I believe. I was just amazed by the amount of miles on that car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts