Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· The Right Kind Of Wrong
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a Viper 5904 alarm remote start on my G8 and I never had any issues with my alarm ever. Two weeks ago I had Plugs, Wires, and a SLP pulley installed and I noticed after I use my remote start it starts with no issues at all but a minute later the car shuts off on its on and then starts up again without me pressing anything. Can anyone give me any info as to why this could be happening. Thanks!!!

· Premium Member
4,866 Posts
I looked at that wicked system on the computer. Very complex for sure. Wires plugged into all sorts of places to monitor and execute the various functions. Aside from having a lifetime warranty (which is good), it sounds like that fancy remote transmitter even has the ability to tell *you* what went wrong here (what triggered the stop/restart action). My first thought, is that the cars built in immobilizer became active, and shutoff power to the fuel pump. Then maybe (un-mobilized itself) an with run time remaining (after the first start attempt), it restarted it again (if that's possible). Or maybe that fancy remote has developed an electronic glitch to cause this situation.
May have no choice, but to visit the installer to check this phenomenon out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.