Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tested everything else except the thing under the hood near the latch. I don't have a diagram of where exactly it is. Anyone know or have done it before?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
No "Pending" CELs?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
As stated by "STAGEUP" you can not have the check engine light illuminated when the engine is running. If the hood ajar switch is faulty, you would not get a message or check engine light to advise you of same. To verify if its what's causing the remote start to be inop, you need to gain access to that 3 pin connector that's located about mid ship left to right, just forward of the radiator. Disconnect that 3 pin connector an (working with the connector half that breaks out from the larger wire loom), install a jump wire from pins/sockets B to C. That's the Purple wire an the Black wire. Then see if the remote start function returns. If that solves your problem, you of course can just leave it that way. Or you can buy an replace the hood ajar sensor assembly when time permits.

As best as I can tell, the current P/N for that switch assembly is 92258586 for about $55 plus/minus a little from various GM sources, if wanted.

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No "Pending" CELs?
Nope. Nothing. I click the remote start button. I see the lights blink but I don’t hear the noise of it’s mechanically/electronically starting (know what I mean)

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As stated by "STAGEUP" you can not have the check engine light illuminated when the engine is running. If the hood ajar switch is faulty, you would not get a message or check engine light to advise you of same. To verify if its what's causing the remote start to be inop, you need to gain access to that 3 pin connector that's located about mid ship left to right, just forward of the radiator. Disconnect that 3 pin connector an (working with the connector half that breaks out from the larger wire loom), install a jump wire from pins/sockets B to C. That's the Purple wire an the Black wire. Then see if the remote start function returns. If that solves your problem, you of course can just leave it that way. Or you can buy an replace the hood ajar sensor assembly when time permits.

As best as I can tell, the current P/N for that switch assembly is 92258586 for about $55 plus/minus a little from various GM sources, if wanted.
I need to take the front bumper off for this correct?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
To do what ----- If you just want to even see if the hood sensor is the cause, you obviously do not have to remove the front fascia. If its found that the sensor is the source of the remote start problem, you can secure that jump wire as necessary an forget about it. Or if you choose to buy an install a new sensor, it can be done by snatching out the passenger side upper grill.(as remembered from past posts from other members).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my G8 remote start. When I tested the black and purple wire by jumping the female end of the wire harness with a paper clip it started up with no problem. So I guess I will purchase the hood adjar latch sensor from gmpartsonline.net and order a hood latch. I was told to remove the passenger side upper grill and mark the latch before removing it so that the new latch will align up perfectly were the old hood latch was position. This minimizes the time for adjustment.
Screenshot_20190830-105606_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190830-105750_YouTube.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,520 Posts
Conditions in which remote start will not work
  • The vehicle's key is in the ignition
  • The vehicle's hood or doors are not closed.
  • The hazard or warning flashers are on.
  • There is an emissions control system malfunction.
  • The engine's coolant temperature is too high.
  • The oil pressure is low.
  • Two remote vehicle starts have already been used. The maximum number of remote starts or remote start attempts between ignition cycles with the key is two.
  • The vehicle is not in park.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts