Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exactly do you enable the remote start. I went into the DIC/Security/Remote Start and then there we 2 choices...Enable/Disable. I highlighted enable and pressed enter. Still does not work.

·
Karsten says fast Daddo!!
234 Posts
You have to press lock and then hold down the start button for a few seconds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to hit the lock button _right_ before you hit the start button. If it's more than a couple of seconds between them, it won't work.
Doh...How did I miss that in the manual??? Works just fine!

Thanks

·
09 Black GT
108 Posts
yep - press the lock button then immediately press and hold the start button for 4 seconds or until it fires up but it shouldn't take more than 5 seconds.

anybody tests the range limit on the remote start as far as distance it will remote from?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I might get 100 feet, it's almost worthless.
Agreed, one of the few flaws with the G8. Seems like the only solution is to have the 2Way fob installed.

·
Registered
995 Posts
or park the car in the living room...

it would sometimes start when I held it up to the window on the way out of class.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't have any problems with my remote start. I'm able to start the car when it is in my driveway from my bedroom, which is on the second floor at the back of the house.

I don't know the exact linear distance. Its gotta be less than a hundred feet linearly from fob to car, but it is also transmitting through a couple of walls too.

·
Karsten says fast Daddo!!
234 Posts
manual says 164 feet and I tried it yesterday from that far with no problem.

Roger

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will along with hood or doors open (maybe trunk?)
Thanks - I've got some Evap CEL that I'm trying to get resolved. I'm pretty sure I know how to turn a gas cap until it clicks, so I'm hoping my dealer will get it fixed today.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts