Pontiac G8 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Red Sox Nation !!!
2,665 Posts
Will a CEL disable remote start?
Yes it will disable the RS.

I'm pretty sure it will along with hood or doors open (maybe trunk?)
Also yes, any unlocked or open anything will disable it.

Huh, I have to be standing next to the car for it to work, or lock/unlock the doors. Dealer worked on it and said it was working.....
Nope, 190 feet away it should work.

You can always just extend the antenna, can't you? Running the antenna up the car, maybe through the A pillar, would improve reception and range depending on where the antenna is. Where is it exactly, anyway?
That is how the 2 way remote antennas are ran, So i'd say yes it could be extended.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks - I've got some Evap CEL that I'm trying to get resolved. I'm pretty sure I know how to turn a gas cap until it clicks, so I'm hoping my dealer will get it fixed today.
Well apparently after driving for 25 yrs I don't know how to turn a gas cap until it clicks. It clicked, but was not seated properly and triggered a CEL. What a PITA. Anybody know if you have to have an EVAP CEL cleared or if it will clear itself once the cap is seated properly?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks-

and screw,you are correct that a CEL will disable remote starting.:slap:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dealer teller of fables advised me to lock the car 2x listening for the horn to beep 2x and then with super human strength you lay into that little button, only made for ET and hold it down for a couple of seconds and 2 x out of 10 or more it will start. Would like it to start from the comfort of my home, but no such luck.
Good Luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks - I've got some Evap CEL that I'm trying to get resolved. I'm pretty sure I know how to turn a gas cap until it clicks, so I'm hoping my dealer will get it fixed today.
My G8 has 166K on it. I recently replaced the gas cap for the 3rd. time. The code is P0 455 Evap. Emission System Leak Detected. I now turn it 4 clicks instead of 3. You can still buy a factory cap from Amazon. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,479 Posts
Hopefully, their problem was remedied quite awhile ago.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,282 Posts
That post was three years ago..

·
Premium Member
9,479 Posts
Post was well over thirteen years ago.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,282 Posts
Gotta fix my Abacus.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My car(G8) is funny sometimes I can start it from halfway across the parking lot and sometimes I need to be a lot closer.

My Camaro always starts from way back.

My GF is jealous her 2019 Caddy ATS Premium doesn't even have remote start the dealer tried to sell it as an option and she said no way jose.

·
Premium Member
9,479 Posts
Could be radio frequency interference especially if occurring mainly in the same area. Perchance were the transmitter batteries changed?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts