Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother took my bone stock 08 g for the day. While he had it, he sent me a video of what I was missing. My mufflers! It sounded awesome but I was hesitant to keep it that way. Told him to bring it home as is and I wanted to experience it in person. It sounded like an absolute animal. I was previously content with being stealthily quiet until I gave her some dinosaur blood. The new sound has got me thrown into contradictory thoughts. The only part I disliked was an ear deafening drone at 2k rpm. Is there any way of getting this slightly free flowing sound in a similarly unobtrusive manner and reasonably inexpensive?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I will second what Troy just said...

Taking your stock mufflers off and driving around is fun for a short spin, but in a matter of weeks you will start melting your rear section components. Keep it classy with your G8 and invest in an exhaust system of some type.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its going to be a good finish. Fast paced game..both teams want it. Now that my Leafs are gone I am cheering for my #2 bruins. Yes, I am still licking my wounds.

Ugly finish but oh well. Hopefully we can take care of biz when we come back home. BTW took a video of the exhaust clip but I live on a fairly busy street and it was raining so it really doesn't do much justice. I'll have to try again late tonight.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No muffler sounds sick! I loved it so much, once I put on the arh long tubes, it was insanely loud :) put a set of hooker max flows on for my neighbors sake :)

Drone wise tune out dod and it should be fine and get an exhaust shop to fab up some straight pipes and weld your stock tips on it and enjoy

·
Registered
141 Posts
The SLP Loudmouth system is the same as just removing your rear mufflers, without being ugly or causing heat-related damage to the rear plastics.

Here was my car with the SLP Loudmouth system before I went to headers:

I experienced drone between 1800 and 2400, resolvable via J-pipes. SOLO axlebacks are already designed to compensate for drone.

Good luck, this forum does NOT want me to have more than one youtube link in this post.... FUUUU

·
Premium Member
10,254 Posts
Fuuuuuu?

Just make successive posts or put a line between direct YouTube.com link. If you need help, please pm me.

Edit: ftfy

--zepcom

·
Premium Member
10,254 Posts
Ftfy ; re-embedded videos. I love those tips; solo ftw.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
No muffler sounds sick! I loved it so much, once I put on the arh long tubes, it was insanely loud :) put a set of hooker max flows on for my neighbors sake :)

Drone wise tune out dod and it should be fine and get an exhaust shop to fab up some straight pipes and weld your stock tips on it and enjoy

I have straight pipes with glass packs and tried the stock tips. At idle it made this annoying puffing noise, which was explained to me that because the tips are rolled, it will make added noise.... Hence I added the straight edge square corvette tips.

Also, I don't have DoD and it drones at 1800-2000 rpms I don't mind it though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.