Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the HIDs in my fogs and they melted the inside so ordered some from carid.com. what a difference in appearance. The pic is of my old ones compared to the new installed now with LEDs. I polished the one on the very left to see if it was feasible it bring it back to life. It turned out well except can't fix the melted inside. Way with the 50.00 for the new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Ive been on the lookout for glass reproductions so that I can use my HID kit on them. No luck so far. Are these also plastic?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes plastic. The lens deemed fine but the chrome reflective backs started to bubble. I imagine a entire glass housing would be tough to find.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I had the HIDs in my fogs and they melted the inside so ordered some from carid.com. what a difference in appearance. The pic is of my old ones compared to the new installed now with LEDs. I polished the one on the very left to see if it was feasible it bring it back to life. It turned out well except can't fix the melted inside. Way with the 50.00 for the new ones.
What LEDs did you go with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts