Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install a group size 49 battery instead of the 94 in our cars.
Its about 1.5inches longer, but everything else is the same size.
The 49 has more CCA than the 94 and more reserve as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would say as long as when you mount and connect to the post correctly it would be fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say as long as when you mount and connect to the post correctly it would be fine.

Yeah, I would imagine. Well I'm going to try tomorrow and if its succesful I will have a stronger battery for $50 less than its direct replacement.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm in favor of blems if you can get them myself. Last battery I got for my truck was only 35$. Post up if it fits ok.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I tried the 49DL and the H8 and no luck, they were both just a little to long to fit in the stock box.

It seemed like the H6 would be fine since its only 6/16in shorter and its $30 cheaper than is direct replacement at autozone, direct replacement is $154.99. The H6 will still have 130CCA and about 180CA more than stock.

I went with the 94R DRG at autozone ($154.99) It has a CCA of 740 in 0 degrees and CA of 980(or 950 can't remember)in 32 degrees so a little over 200 cranking amps than stock.
Oh and I got $20 off with my autozone rewards card with my coupon book that I got in the mail.

The plus side is that my car feels a lot better at start up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's a bummer, I guess it's not worth it if you have to get a new battery case.
It wouldn't offset the cost. I'm curious what's the battery show in the Engineering mode not the voltage the other setting life or something like that. On my display it shows 70-72% that's with the original battery.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First start up was at 0%, after driving to my sister for about 30minutes the second start up was at 74%

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
what is a good LIGHTWEIGHT battery for these cars?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you want a good battery, n0t talking about lightweight, go to sears, Diehard Gold Advanced, i used to work there, and thats what i got. Its a hybrid AGM battery and works amazing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Battery Warranty Question

I'm still within the 3 years warranty period for my car. I think my battery is dead. Does anyone know if GM will replace this under warranty?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm still within the 3 years warranty period for my car. I think my battery is dead. Does anyone know if GM will replace this under warranty?
According to the information I have available to me, the vehicle battery should be covered in three ways.

1. The factory battery is covered parts and labor by the New Car Limited Warranty of 3 year/36,000 miles. The exception to this rule is in regard to Premium Brands, which have a factory battery warranty of 4 year/50,000 miles.

2. A replacement AC DELCO battery, installed in a vehicle during the New Car Limited Warranty period, is covered (Parts and Labor) for the remainder of the 3/36 warranty or 12 months/12,000 miles from the date of battery replacement, whichever is greater.

3. After the parts warranty, of the replacement battery, has expired (see #2 above) the battery is covered under the terms of the AC DELCO battery warranty.

For more details about this, you will want to contact your local General Motors dealership's service department.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thanks Michelle - I received a new battery under warranty today and had a great dealership experience.
You're very welcome. I am doing the happy dance for you! I hope everything remains smooth so you can enjoy your G8 to the fullest.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
GMCustomerService
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing