Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car needs back tires immediately, the front RS-As are good, but an all-season tire, which doesn't really matter, car likely will never be driven in snow or much winter weather.

I've seen online, and ebay, some nice 20" used camaro SS wheel packages and takeoffs with factory tires.

Would you just make the switch now? I could always upgrade the 19" wheels to use winter tires just for a few months in the winter.

I'd rather have a racy dedicated summer tire on the 19s or 20" SS wheels.

What tires would you recommend for the 19s for summer or 20" ss wheels?
Im not looking for cheap ones, "kumho/fauken/other junk brands". Ill pay for a good tire.

Does anyone upgrade to wider on the factory wheels than 245/40/19? The camaro SS wheels would be 275 or 285s so tires would be wider anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I know you can run a 275/35/19 on the stock 19's.

I currently run nitto invos up from and bridgestone re-11's in the rear and they seem pretty good...

just keep in mind that if you get camaro wheels and tires, off of a camaro, they will not fit on the G8. I think the tires they run are too tall

·
GM Enthusiast
826 Posts
I switched over to camaro 20s and have not stopped getting compliments on my wheel choice. Yes there are a lot of people on the board with the camaro 20s but I have yet to run into another G8 on the street with the same wheels as me.

My vote would be for the Camaro wheels.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'd say get something different... but then I like being different. :)

Tire wise it all depends on how deep your pockets are and what you want to do. Are you going to be using the tires to auto-cross and drive to work or just "sporty" driving here and there? Tire prices vary depending on what you want to do with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you can run a 275/35/19 on the stock 19's.

I currently run nitto invos up from and bridgestone re-11's in the rear and they seem pretty good...

just keep in mind that if you get camaro wheels and tires, off of a camaro, they will not fit on the G8. I think the tires they run are too tall
I saw a guy on SS wheels with 275/30/20 tires.. is that because the factory camaro tires 275/40/20 are too tall your saying?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Factory Camaro tires are too tall and will not work with our vehicle. You need to buy just the wheels and use tires that have a shorter side wall, like 245/35/20 for the fronts and 275/30/20 for the rears(most common sizes being used). I like my Camaro wheels for the looks, but the car will ride a bit harsher. They are heavy wheels too, so if performance is a big priority for you, you may want to look else were IMO. I was not crazy about the RSA's that came on my factory wheels. I have Nitto Invos on my Camaro rims and they have been a nice improvement. I'm leaning toward Michelin PSS for my next set though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.