Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have the gas cap code checked out, and am thinking of returning the car to stock tune from Volant 93.
Will doing this reset the P0442 code? If so, I'll just leave the tune in.
BTW, will also see if they'll do anything about the peeling silver on my pass. side door handle. I'm out of warranty, but don't feel I should be injured by opening the door!
Bill

·
Custom Tuner
153 Posts
yes...

any time you flash the ecm, any trouble codes, learned items like idle, airflow, fuel trims etc. all get reset/cleared...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I guess I'll go in with the tune in place. I'm out of warranty at this point, anyway.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news and bad news - I got my gas cap replaced under the extended warranty (thank you G8Board) but did not get GM to replace my slice-0-matic inside door handle on the passenger side. They trimmed the protruding piece of flash, but "their hands are tied" regarding replacement after being denied by GM.

I still don't think it's right for a company to blow off their customers when safety is a concern.

Bill

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
how much is a replacement, and did you PM the [email protected] user on this forum? She may be able to help. Maybe a picture with your sliced up hand (just kidding!) or rather the shards of the handle could help her escalate your concerns at gm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts