Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These days “fast” is a subjective term. A few years ago if you had a 13 second car you were the bully on the block. These days most performance cars will qualify in the 13s or better straight off of the showroom floor. Rick Crawford’s all motor Pontiac G8 is only a small sample of how much things have changed.
When you take a first glance at the sedan, it may not appear to be anything out of the ordinary – a modern Chevy V8 is in the tens, so what? After being able to peek under the hood though, we realized just how special this Pontiac sedan really is. There was no turbo, no nitrous kit, nothing. This G8 is composed of 100% lagless, heat-soak-less, bottle-less power. As recently as a few years ago, nobody even considered a ten second street car, let alone a four door.

Full article:

http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-rick-crawford-sets-g8-all-motor-record/

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Yep, I had a DD street car back in '99 that ran consistent 12.7s on 235 series Goodyears and I was very tough to beat. Now that's what stock vehicles run on a regular basis.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Yep, I had a DD street car back in '99 that ran consistent 12.7s on 235 series Goodyears and I was very tough to beat. Now that's what stock vehicles run on a regular basis.
Very true! These are good times to be an enthusiast.:gears:

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Awesome article and video. I wish you'd move to Colorado, Rick ;)

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Forget the East coast dude, come over here to sunny Southern California, beaches, babes, and great weather all year round, hahaha.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Congrats again!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrats Rick! Soooo sick

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We don’t hear much about Pontiac G8s conquering the track or the show field – mostly because Pontiac only made them in the United States under two model years (2008 and 2009), so there weren’t all that many of them built to begin with. We were super excited when we came across this awesome video of a G8 belonging to Rick Crawford Racing running a quarter-mile in 10.79 at 130mph. According to the second video, they have since run a new best of 10.59 at 129mph.

More:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/hotnews/1312_pontiac_g8_conquers_10_second_quarter_mile_videos/

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Troutman, you may already know this but based on your post I wasn't sure. Rick is G8-4-Speed ^^above^^.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Oh, I'm pretty spoiled where I'm at. There are 5- 1/4 mile track within 2 hours within a couple hundred feet of sea level. My track is only 10 minutes from the house. Most of the time when there are several of us, we all meet at my house before the track. The only thing is the dealing with the humidity thru most of the year but usually get to race year around.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Pssshhhh.....Arkanasas is where it's at!!!!!!

Ok that's a lie. :(
LOL

Oh, I'm pretty spoiled where I'm at. There are 5- 1/4 mile track within 2 hours within a couple hundred feet of sea level. My track is only 10 minutes from the house. Most of the time when there are several of us, we all meet at my house before the track. The only thing is the dealing with the humidity thru most of the year but usually get to race year around.
You are all set! Well if you ever visit CO, I'll take you for a spin :cool:

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
anybody know what kind of $$$ are invested in the motor ?
@$3500 including headers. I ported all the parts myself so just basically a DoD Delete, cam kit, LS9 valve kit, Cometic head gaskets Pfadt tri-y Camaro headers, Vararam intake.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
@$3500 including headers. I ported all the parts myself so just basically a DoD Delete, cam kit, LS9 valve kit, Cometic head gaskets Pfadt tri-y Camaro headers, Vararam intake.
That is bang for the buck. Awesome Rick.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That would have to be a record in itself. $3.5k would get me an air intake and exhaust to run a mid 13. :D Amazing effort to say the least, Rick.

Troutman, you may already know this but based on your post I wasn't sure. Rick is G8-4-Speed ^^above^^.
I wasn't sure until he first posted, but all is clarified now. I have the term 'Pontiac G8' under Google news alerts and he's been all over my inbox lately.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
18 Participants
G8-4-Speed
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing