Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I just purchased a G8. I wanted to buy some rims, and already bought the Brembo brake calipers to install. I just need to know what the offset would be to clear the calipers? I like the VMR 710, but I don't want to purchase them if they won't fit with the new calipers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I just purchased a G8. I wanted to buy some rims, and already bought the Brembo brake calipers to install. I just need to know what the offset would be to clear the calipers? I like the VMR 710, but I don't want to purchase them if they won't fit with the new calipers.
I've got the VMR V710's. I've got the 19x8.5 ET35 in front with the 19x9.5 ET45 in the rear and they clear the Brembos just fine!

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
What Davidfoster said

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
What setup are you running? I wanted to go for 20x9 in the front and 20x10 in the rear.
Open eyes and read my signature, entire setup is described. The 20's don't come in the rear offset you need that is why I went with the 19's. Not only that but the 8.5 and 9.5 wide wheels were a perfect fit for the 255 and 285 tires which I wanted to be able to fill the wheel wells.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Open eyes and read my signature, entire setup is described.
WOW All hail King Dousail! So the dude didn't read your signature, get over yourself.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
I've got 710's in 19x9.5 et45 on all 4 corners. The fronts clear the Brembos, but are very close. The rears have a ton of clearance to the Brembos.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
WOW All hail King Dousail! So the dude didn't read your signature, get over yourself.
What I have noticed is many new to the forum do zero research before throwing a thread out there. A search of the word fitment, in the thread titles only, brings up 93 threads on the subject. YaBoyRay liked the wheels but didn't look to see if there was any info in the signature. That being said you are correct, I got cocky when I just should have left is at "Entire setup is described in my signature". Please forgive me for my poor manners/judgement.

I've got 710's in 19x9.5 et45 on all 4 corners. The fronts clear the Brembos, but are very close. The rears have a ton of clearance to the Brembos.
I believe the OP is looking for staggered setup and if that is the case I would recommend a +35 for the fronts to make them more flush to the fenders and provide additional clearance to the brembos.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What I have noticed is many new to the forum do zero research before throwing a thread out there. A search of the word fitment, in the thread titles only, brings up 93 threads on the subject. YaBoyRay liked the wheels but didn't look to see if there was any info in the signature. That being said you are correct, I got cocky when I just should have left is at "Entire setup is described in my signature". Please forgive me for my poor manners/judgement.
First off, I was totally expecting you to fly off the handle and go into a rant, but you didn't. This shows your true character, and for that sir, I thank you!

You are correct, though, us new guys tend to come right out and ask what it is we would like to know. I myself am guilty of that. The way I see it; every question that could ever possibly be asked has already been asked a hundred times over. This board has been around for as long as our G8's have. I'm quite certain the owner's could lock down the board today and we'd all survive just fine on the information that had previously been provided. But, then it would no longer be a community of like-minded individuals.

I know when I first joined the board I didn't have much information to contribute, so I didn't post for several months. One day I realized how ridiculous that was. How was I supposed to become a respected member if I never became known. I did that by asking question for which I already had answers. It helped me to feel accepted and productive without having much of my own to contribute.

As for answering questions that have already been asked, that's what we are here for.... to help each other!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Keep in mind, Tapatalk doesn't show signatures.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts