Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I plan on the 27th weather permitting. We all going to meet up somewhere? Hope we get a group to go. Its always fun spending a day at the track.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree with meeting up and cruising to the track together. I'm in - don't know if I will take her down the track though.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Its so fun to go down the track. You would be hooked I am sure.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Trust me...there will be much slower.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Traction will be terrrible, going to wait until warm and sunny. Have fun.
I hate that theirs always a trade off... We want great DA and when we usually get it we have no traction. I just figure might as well and get out and log some runs and just for experience. I just want to get into the 11's this time out with DRs on.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Then lets go there. We can all crash at your place the night before:biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Looks a bit more legit.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Brent: You could always meet up with Joe (Bracketracer) and myself at Byron Dragway on the 28th. Would be quite a drive for you though. Will just have to wait till September to meet up with you guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cedar Falls is called the House of Hook for a reason. I grew up not far from there and have been there many times. Great place to race. I will give you this comparison, Ive had better traction at Cedar Falls on a street car night at midnight on 17" Hoosier drag radials than Ive had in the peak of the day with sunshine, 80 degrees, on 325/50/15 MT drag radials with bracket cars laying down rubber at the Rock.

The Friday night fun nights are awesome, street cars only, small crowd, $25!!, and as many runs as you can muster. Top 4 fastest cars at the end of the night get to run for thier money back.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Wonder if it matters that we are not running 9 second 1/4's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Better traction is better traction, no matter the car or hp. It really is a night and day difference between tracks. I ran my 04 GTO M6 at Cedar Falls and could clutch dump that thing on street tires and ran a 13.4 at 109 bone stock. Launch is key. No traction equals sloooow et.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Drums, I wonder how many of the other guys saw this post?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts