1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
141 Posts
What are your goals with the car? If you aren't changing the ratio, I don't see a reason to change the rockers. I would instead consider upgrading the trunnion bearings in your stockers.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
You have not mentioned what cam you are going with that is so wild you need a rocker set up like that. Stock cam, complete overkill. Good rockers
, springs and pushrods can be had for less than half of the shaft rockers.

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you want to waste $1350, you can just paypal me!

Overkill, it's like hunting rabbits with a .50 cal Browning M2, I guess it will work but really??

·
Registered
262 Posts

Overkill, it's like hunting rabbits with a .50 cal Browning M2, I guess it will work but really??

Haha or me!! Wow those are pricey. I went with Yella Terra's and so far so good!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you do tells terras adjustable or non adjustable? And this is for a 402 ci build that's in the process. Not sure on cam specs yet but, I'm shooting for pretty wild..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to build an unbreakable, high rpm screaming sob. So Im going beyond the "capable" and making sure. Couple things I have already picked up, lunati high rpm link lifters, dual valve springs, I'm going to save some cash and have my heads ported and installed with ls3 valves

·
every village has one
2,322 Posts
Looks like the mod bug has reached the viral stage. Just realize that there is no known cure. Even the best medical coverage out there doesn't cover performance parts.
Have fun and don't get hurt, you got bit bad!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
You can go with Crane if you want adjustable rockers. Set inc. pushrods is under $900. Harland Sharp too for adjustable rockers too. Unless you are an offshore boat, WOT for hours, or driving in Nascar. You don't need shaft mounted rockers like in that link.

·
LSX Mechanic
240 Posts

I could not have worded a better reply!!

I would go for the 1.7 rockers.
All LSX engines have 1.7 rockers from the factory.

To those of you reading this thread with money burning in your pocket, spend it elsewhere. The stock rocker is good to 7500rpm and 800+ HP. They're more dependable than half the aftermarket stuff out there. If you want to beef up anything in the rocker department you can run a Comp Trunion bearing upgrade kit. Otherwise, spend your money elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts