Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
So, my lazy butt, feet dragging self has come to the conclusion that gluing now isn't happening in these cooler temps here in Chicago. SO for now, I will be tacking it.

So last night, I was parusing the upholstry tacks at the store and these things are like a half inch long. Is that what you guys are using? Wouldn't a simple flat head thumb tack work?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just regular Flat Thumbtacks from Walmart. Get black ones if you can find them, is less obvious.

·
Premium Member
5,503 Posts
Using half inch long tacks as well and purchased mainly for the flush seat, but am relativity sure a shorter tack would work just fine.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Ok, wasn't sure if there was a reason for needing something that long. I know, that's what she said... :D

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Ok, I did them this weekend, but found a few places I still have to do. I also found where the previous owner used straight pins (Like you get out of a new dress shirt after you take it out of the wrapper), along the rubber mouldings and such.

Anyway, my beef is, NO ONE, not Menards, Home Depot, Meijer, Wally-World, etc, had BLACK (or a dark colored) upholstrey pin... Seriously!

So what I ended up doing... I bought the brass/nickel colored ones, then broke out the Testers flat black model paint. Worked like a charm.

Now I have to do a few more.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That is what I did, Flat Black spray pain. Set the ones that I need on a piece of cardboard and spray on it. At least keep from the sky falling ;)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts