Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
So, my lazy butt, feet dragging self has come to the conclusion that gluing now isn't happening in these cooler temps here in Chicago. SO for now, I will be tacking it.

So last night, I was parusing the upholstry tacks at the store and these things are like a half inch long. Is that what you guys are using? Wouldn't a simple flat head thumb tack work?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Using half inch long tacks as well and purchased mainly for the flush seat, but am relativity sure a shorter tack would work just fine.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Ok, wasn't sure if there was a reason for needing something that long. I know, that's what she said... :D

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Ok, I did them this weekend, but found a few places I still have to do. I also found where the previous owner used straight pins (Like you get out of a new dress shirt after you take it out of the wrapper), along the rubber mouldings and such.

Anyway, my beef is, NO ONE, not Menards, Home Depot, Meijer, Wally-World, etc, had BLACK (or a dark colored) upholstrey pin... Seriously!

So what I ended up doing... I bought the brass/nickel colored ones, then broke out the Testers flat black model paint. Worked like a charm.

Now I have to do a few more.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That is what I did, Flat Black spray pain. Set the ones that I need on a piece of cardboard and spray on it. At least keep from the sky falling ;)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
14 Participants
thrasher_g8_
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing