Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of tomorrow I will be a owner of a WH G8 GT. It will mark my 3rd car, all Pontiacs - Sunfire, G6 and now G8.

One of the things I've noticed is that the roof rack is missing one of the plugs that fit in place when a rack is not present. Anyone have an idea what the GM part number is for these? I've looked extensively online and couldn't find any reference to a P/N. Parts diagrams that I've seen do not callout/list the plug on the roof assembly. I even tried looking for Holden parts lists to no avail.

Anyone ever have to order/replace one of these plugs?

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Unless GM changed things from a year ago when I had mine replaced under warranty for fading to a chalky white color the only way they are sold is with the whole roof trim strip. The dealer searched for JUST the little caps but couldn't find anything so they called the dealer help line and thats when they were told they are not sold separately they had to replace the roof trim strips to get them.

Sorry for the bad news. :(

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It's a bummer that they didn't have just the plugs a year ago. I just might have to do some research to see if things have changed.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback. Until I have a part number I have covered the hole with a piece of black electrical tape. Aside from the mismatch, the coverup is barely noticeable.

First few days with the G8... woah! What an amazing car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't have the part number but i was missing one also, I went to GM and they ordered it for me. Cost- $5.00 Easiest way, unless you want to keep looking all over the internet, you can't beat 5 bucks!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I appreciate the feedback. Until I have a part number I have covered the hole with a piece of black electrical tape. Aside from the mismatch, the coverup is barely noticeable.

First few days with the G8... woah! What an amazing car.
How are things going with your search for the part number of the plugs you need?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Yeah I'd like a part # as well please as all I or the dealers around here can find is the whole roof molding. I wouldn't be surprised if you get the retainers that hold the molding to the roof instead of the plugs.

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
I'd just love to have a roof rack.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Roof strips part number
RH: 92172318
LH: 92172319
$36 each side from MarylandSpeed this includes the strips, retainer clips, the ends and the caps

The caps have a number but I don't think it's a part number
Exactly as stamped: RH>PA66< and LH>PA66<

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a replacement from the dealer. They didn't provide a part number (policy) but it was part of a new parts catalog (year 2012). The GM parts catalog for the car lists the part as item #14. The parts dept. guy faxed me a copy of the diagram without the accompanying P/N listing - I'll see if I can dig it up. Once I receive it I should be able to list the P/N.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Received the part today, the GM part number for the roof rack plug is 92207446.
Way to be a huge help for everyone! Good info here and glad to hear you're enjoying the car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks everybody so much for this info. I went to get in my car today and noticed the one over the driver side was gone. I have no idea how it came out but immediately freaked out! I didn't even know what to call it but after numerous search descriptions I finally found it here on the G8 forums. The part is only $2.18 on gmdirect.com but the shipping is a whopping $12.95 so I order 4 just to be safe. Thanks, you guys rule!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts