Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've did some searches but no luck anyone have any feedback on using a roof spoiler and shark fin...any pics ? Do you like it etc.

Thanks

·
every village has one
2,169 Posts
Visual garage has the shark fin, nice addition.
Got my spoiler on eBay, no problems. Paint was an exact match in both cases.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The visual garage sharkfin is fantastic. The color matches perfect and the reception is as good as stock. I had it on since 2011 and no problems.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I never understood the roof spoiler thing.
It is one of those mods that some people do, when they've run out of ideas on what mod to do next. Ha ha

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is one of those mods that some people do, when they've run out of ideas on what mod to do next. Ha ha
Or when your antenna is now crooked after putting a car cover on for a month!

No verdict on the sharkfin yet, still waiting weather to be warm enough to install it :(

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Or when your antenna is now crooked after putting a car cover on for a month!

No verdict on the sharkfin yet, still waiting weather to be warm enough to install it :(
You are aware that a roof spoiler and a shark fin antenna cover are two different things, right? We are talking about the former, not the latter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are aware that a roof spoiler and a shark fin antenna cover are two different things, right? We are talking about the former, not the latter.
Fully aware, posts 1, 3 and 5 mention the Shark fin already :)

345G8, there's a few pictures on Google images with the shark fin + a roof spoiler together - I got better results only searching for "pontiac g8 roof spoiler" and leaving out the shark fin part for some reason? Hopefully that helps a bit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got my VG Shark Fin summer of 2013. I have never noticed any degradation in reception, either AM or FM. I have the Holden rear sunshade. It's not really a spoiler but I suppose it blocks some sunlight from the back seat, but not a whole lot. It's definitely bigger than the painted kind.

I've attached a couple of photos of the sunshade, one from a car show in '15 and one that I lightened up a lot to try to show it in one of the most profile shots I can find.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want to see if it makes the back of car look over done or cluttered if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
i have a visual garage fin. 5 years old and still in great shape and an excellent mod in my opinion. Highly recommend you really take your time installing and lining up. Mine is ever so crooked and it sets my ocd off from time to time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts