Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I finally added a Roto Fab CAI and Solo Axle Backs to my G8 GT. Love the sound. But can anyone tell me where I can download the Roto Fab tune files for my Superchips Cortex? I've scoured the internet, and I can't seem to find it.

In the event that I'm SOL because I waited so long, am I okay to just use the standard 87 octane Cortex tune with the CAI without harming the engine? Thanks!

·
Pontiac Crazy
403 Posts
Just get an actual street tune done on your car instead of the canned tune.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Call Superchips and give the serial number of your tuner. They'll give the rotofab tune for free, you'll just need to update the tuner after you call them.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You can download the Cortex software (called Spark) to your computer, then purchase the tunes through there. They're like $2.99 a piece. You'll need said software and a USB cable in order to get the tune files onto the Cortex.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They don't offer the for-purchase Cortex tunes online anymore but they'll give them to you free if you talk to tech support.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They don't offer the for-purchase Cortex tunes online anymore but they'll give them to you free if you talk to tech support.
Oh, interesting. I sold my Cortex about a year ago, and the software was still working at that point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was still able to update mine with their Spark software but the CAI tunes and optional diagnostics stuff wasn't available to buy. I just called them and they gave it to me. Great customer service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts