Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have been looking around and havent found any answers, my last car was a 98 pontiac firebird formula and i had bought some cross drilled/slotted zinc-plated rotors that i was gonna install when it was time for new breaks. since then i got my 09 g8 gt and i was wondering if the rotors i have sitting around will fit my g8? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
You're not giving us a whole lot of info here. Size, brand. Since they're aftermarket, best to email or call the manufacturer and ask them what cars they will work on. Or just sell them to another Firebird owner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought them from a group buy on ls1tech from sponsor rotorsonline.com and the Product Dimensions are 11.9 x 1.3 x 2 inches they fit 98-02 firebird trans am. thats all the info i have on them.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
You're rotors are marginally thicker and larger than the stock GT rotors. You may have issues with the caliper fitment and pad cover surface. I'd contact the manufacturer directly so see if they have any options for a larger bracket perhaps.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
if you have rotors in hand, can you check fitment on the car?

Remove the tire, two caliper bracket bolts (IIRC), swap rotors and try to put back together? I suspect it would take less time than waiting for a response here.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
No, the lug holes are different and the rotor for the G8GT is 20mm larger.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
if you have rotors in hand, can you check fitment on the car?

Remove the tire, two caliper bracket bolts (IIRC), swap rotors and try to put back together? I suspect it would take less time than waiting for a response here.
Yep.

When in doubt just try it out :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts