Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car was just off today...Couldnt figure it out to start with as it was running steady 12.1's @ 117, the worst was a 12.27 @ 115. Luckily Rick was able to log some passes and found my fuel to be way out of wack. The car was going was lean in the mid to high revs. At first we were thinking evap leak somewhere but no dice. Well afterwards headed over to Ricks and he was able to hook up his fuel pressure gauge and sure enough my pressure was dropping off big time on WOT; all the way down to 28psi!

This day was really frusttrating. I was bested by a built 2010 Audi S4. He was the biggest smack talker I have encounter yet. On our heads up race he best me with a 12.07 @ 116....So FNING pissed! You wouldnt believe some of the BS he was spouting off about his victory and how I needed to mod up to keep up yada yada....

I will be getting my new fuel pump is ASAP and this prick is going down!. I did manage to pull of a sweet victory against an Intake tune C6 Grand Sport, with my best pass of the day 12.07 @ 118. What a downer but I guess you win some and lose some...Ready to get the big girl fixed and back into the 11s.

On a positive note, I had a blast with the rest of the guys Deezo, Seth, Doug. Dougs car ran amazing!!!!!! I want go into the spoiler as I know he will have a thread up soon. I also got some good vids of everyone, will post up in the next day or so. Im just fuming right now...I hate losing

This pretty much sums it up---> :cursin::banghead::censored::madsign3:

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Wow much different than I expected based on your post in Dana's thread. Glad nothing major happened. Hey you win some, you lose some. You will get everything back together and keep on whooping ass.

Kinda sucks that the smack talking Audi didn't race the 11.7 pass.

·
Registered
786 Posts
So basically your stock fuel pump is wearing out and u just need to replace it with another stock one? I thought I was gonna read much worse

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
So basically your stock fuel pump is wearing out and u just need to replace it with another stock one? I thought I was go an read much worse
Troy just doesn't like to lose lol.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So basically your stock fuel pump is wearing out and u just need to replace it with another stock one? I thought I was gonna read much worse
Yea pretty much. Thankful it wasn't anything worse. But damn I hate losing, especially knowing that when its running good I would have stomped somebody's ass!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
I got my ass kicked more than you did so don't feel bad Troy. I had that Vette at least until the 8th, then he destroyed me. LOL

I liked the run against the Mustang which I abused but at the end of the track, he did the ricer flyby. I was like "WTF?"

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^LOL Ricer Fly By- Got that one on video I think.

Here is the hearbreaker...She let me down when it counted, hot lapped her +2 (heat soaked no doubt) and the fuel pump decided to start giving up. Only trapped 115, No doubt my normal top end pull would have blasted the audi (built with only a single seat inside).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I hope you get another chance at him Troy. It was a great day overall though with five G8's representing! Great to hang out with everyone!

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was great to meet you all and had a lot of fun at the track hope to see you all at the grudge matches in a couple weeks when I come pick up my car from Rick.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It was great to meet you all and had a lot of fun at the track hope to see you all at the grudge matches in a couple weeks when I come pick up my car from Rick.
You too! I don't think I'll be able to make it that weekend, but I'm sure you'll have a great time! I look forward to hearing how the G8 Whisperer does on your car; I'm sure it will be impressive as usual!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same to you man! Your car is a sweet setup that's about to get a whole lot faster! I'll be there to check it out.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Good times! except for Troy. If it wasn't bad enought that you hate being beat, that guy made sure you know who won which just made it worse....I can't believe it ran as good as it did. The big fuel trim is the only thing that seem to save it a little but the injectors maxed out so at high rpm it just laid-over. It sucks to have a porblem but at least we found it and it isn't too bad of a fix.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't sweat it. You didn't damage the engine and you know your car is fully capable of putting that Audi in its place :driving:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Dont feel bad Troy. The car wasn't running correctly, not technically your fault. I know there is a difference between losing and wanting to win, but you will get it sorted out. Maybe a Walbro 255 is in your future?? Just a thought.
Post up again when you beat the Audi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hate when you race someone when your car is faster and lose. I was racing at the 1/8 mile track one time, in my cobra. The car ran consistent low 7s. Lined up next to one of those tiny Rx hatch or old hatch corollas with a rotary engine swap, forget now, but my wife said they were talking smack on the sidelines. I botched the launch and ended up running an 8.2 to the tiny hatch's 8.1. I could overhear them talking more smack after the race. Boiled my blood.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont feel bad Troy. The car wasn't running correctly, not technically your fault. I know there is a difference between losing and wanting to win, but you will get it sorted out. Maybe a Walbro 255 is in your future?? Just a thought.
Post up again when you beat the Audi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I will look into the walbro. Also looking at cts v pump. It would be nice to have the fuel already squared away; one less thing to worry about once I do go FI.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Good deal. I'll prolly head back up there when you guys are ready to see what I can do on the 93 tune.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sucks that you had problems with your car. I can't wait to see it at the IRS shootout next month.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Update.....

Fuel pump is good, the filter sock on the pump was completely clogged with dirt. Cleaned out the bucket, put a new fliter on it from Dougs old pump, reinstalled, and checked. Works like a champ. Stock pump still has pressure drop to @48-50psi but not to 28 like before...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts