Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
since i dont have HPT, when i clock the download button, it converts it into a PDF or link file.
that is where the problem is at

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, its been a couple of days now after i did a "relearn" on the throttle body. Car seems to have gone back to normal. Shifts less agressive now and hangs around the correct rpm range. I will post the hpt file when i get home.

Sorry for not getting to this sooner, i work 2 jobs and work every day.

Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Low society member
91 Posts
If you cleaned your throttle body and manually moved the blade then just reset the throttle body position on a scan tool

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I used to have access to a great scanner when I worked at Firestone but not anymore.
I ended up flipping the key to the run position and held the throttle all the way down for 5 seconds.
turned the key off and then turned the car on and left it there without touching the pedal for 5 minutes.
drove it and it hasn't done it in a while now. I'm hoping its fixed, if not I will need to invest in a scanner.
I need one anyways.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Good deal. Were you able to get the hp tuners file situation squared away?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not yet, turns out that my laptop has a broken screen. My kid dropped it and my wife didn't know it had a broken screen till I turned it on.:dunno:
Now I have to either get it repaired or buy a new one or borrow one from a friend.
I have an old PC but who knows how long it will take to download the program and then the file, last time it was used it
was pretty slow.

The simplest things and sometimes are really hard to do. :|

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Hey guys, finally got to get this thing uploaded. If someone would be kind enough to let me know how this tune looks, please?!

high idle after spirited driving that doesn't go away unless I rev it really high or I turn it off and then back on.

also, my shifting is really hard and feels like my diff is going to break off the car. specially 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Too much airflow at idle for a stock LS3 cam.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it! Guess I need to get it retuned

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Finally got the G8 tuned yesterday. I am not disappointed on the numbers it put down for it being a stockish car. LT headers, no cats, and VCM OTR intake, stock LS3 cam, put down 379 to the wheels. I was recommended by Jorge at Top Gun Tunning to swap out for TR6 NGK spark plugs and he should be able to squeeze out maybe another 5-10 horses. probably going E85 some time this year.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
6 Participants
Joepeinado
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing