Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the top of all 4 doors is a piece of chrome trim with a rubber strip the top of it, leaning towards the windows.

That rubber is all rotting and split on all 4 doors, anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Have you guys been treating it with some form of protectant/moisturizer? If so, what brand so I don't use it. :)

A picture of the issue might help for comparisons... Honestly I'm having a hard time visualizing where it is.

·
Grand Prix Guy
272 Posts
I have the passenger side front and rear ones for sale. I bought them by mistake versus the driver side. I paid about $130 shipped from gmpartsdirect and would let them go for $110 shipped. New in plastic and in the box they sent them to me in. For some reason I can't find a PN for the driver side rear though. If anyone knows it I would love to replace that one as well.
Tate

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine are doing the same. I haven't ordered yet, but here are the part numbers and prices I got from [email protected]

The front chrome trim is
L - 92227428 - $63.54
R - 92227429 - $63.54

Rear chrome trim is
L - 92227438 - $61.94
R - 92227439 - $54.67

·
The Mustang dude
1,376 Posts
mine started cracking about 6 months ago... I use no protectant on it and it sits outside all the time. I'll be looking to pick up some replacements soon. Also the side trims on the windshield is getting brittle too. dammit.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Picked up replacements for mine at local dealer. $300. Will try to find time to install before The Extravaganza.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine are doing the same. I haven't ordered yet, but here are the part numbers and prices I got from [email protected]

The front chrome trim is
L - 92227428 - $63.54
R - 92227429 - $63.54

Rear chrome trim is
L - 92227438 - $61.94
R - 92227439 - $54.67
Sorry for the Rez but I just acquired a 09 G8 GT from my mother who could no longer drive it after sitting for awhile it’s got 34 almost 35k miles, it needs a lot of work the headliner is sagging, the window chrome trims need to be replaced and I have no idea where to start as all these posts I find are from 09-10. Drivetrain on this car is in perfect shape it’s just cosmetic and I would really like to fix it up to how it once was.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
As far as the 4 door/window belt weather strips (reveal moldings), you can either get all 4 positions from discount GM dealer sources in Chrome (which are now replaced by the 2014-2017 Chevy SS P/N's), or from vendors such as GTOG8TA.com as well as others in Chrome or Black. A 4 pack from any of the sources would cost you $300 an up plus the shipping an tax as required. There are some nice Threads on this Forum talking about how,what an where headliner repairs were accomplished by members withn the last couple of years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as the 4 door/window belt weather strips (reveal moldings), you can either get all 4 positions from discount GM dealer sources in Chrome (which are now replaced by the 2014-2017 Chevy SS P/N's), or from vendors such as GTOG8TA.com as well as others in Chrome or Black. A 4 pack from any of the sources would cost you $300 an up plus the shipping an tax as required. There are some nice Threads on this Forum talking about how,what an where headliner repairs were accomplished by members withn the last couple of years.
Thanks for the reply and information! I’ll search those headliner posts, this car is mostly driven around a small town, I can’t wait to get the inside looking good again I just can’t believe how bad those window seals got and the ones around the front window.

·
every village has one
2,203 Posts
Previous post asked what would preserve them. Meguiars makes a product called M40 that does an excellent job of preserving rubber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts