Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to replace the lip on my fascia. What do I use to take out the four screws that secures it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
You must have press in pins that have that screw head look to them. By rights, you should be able to pry *out* to extend the center portion of those devices (which would collapse the spread wing portion of the retainer half which locks them to the fascia, and pull each (2 piece?) unit down an out from the insert and fascia. Unless you have some fancy high tech securing devices there.

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
I use a screw driver to remove screws :D
I think my lower insert is held in with 4 7mm head screws.
-Greg

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone know a good place to pick one of these lips up? Mine is missing a piece and the dealer wants $150. Thought that was nuts for a little plastic piece!

·
Registered
10 Posts
how to remove the rubber strip on bottom of fasica

I have to replace the lip on my fascia. What do I use to take out the four screws that secures it? Thanks
If you have the push in tabs you might want to use a plastic tool to remove the clips this will reduce the scratches, you can buy a tool at a paint & body hardware store, let them know what your doing these are grate tools for working on your car & yes it takes a 7mm I just removed mine. where the rubber is attached with the plastic tool youll need to push down on the regge /or lip of bumper pull on the rubber, there are tabs on rubber pull easy they tare real easy went to dealer ship they want $107.00 + tax for a new one, are there any after market sites that might sell this item ? Thanks Clydeds1990 2009 A6 #829

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.