Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you feel that it's necessary here? It wasn't necessary in Texas, as they didn't use salt. Where would I get this done?

·
Tin Indian
440 Posts
I have never "rust proofed" any car I have ever owned. We have a very dry climate much like Arizona and California and cars simply do not rust here like back east. With that being said, the Mag-Cloride used on our roads in the winter is terrible for any painted surface and if not washed off will begin to pit and cause rust spots the size of pin holes (but it takes a long time for that to happen...so a few winter time car washes and your good). There is a saying in the collector car hobby and that is "rust free Colorado car" and it holds very true.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
You are better off worrying about the condition of the roads and when you are going to hit a massive pothole and bend your rims.True story :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
There is a saying in the collector car hobby and that is "rust free Colorado car" and it holds very true. A vehicle from 2008-2009 I would agree. A classic car from the 30's,40's,50's,60's or 70's I would disagree.

I have owned 30-35, 50s-70s GM vehicles from California and had never seen rust until I started buying/living in Colorado. My 65 Chevelle lived it's whole life here in CO. originally sold @ Luby Chevrolet. and I had to replace the front fenders,rear window sash and 1/4 of the trunk floor. I would buy a classic car from CA or AZ before one from CO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My cars before I moved here have been from Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Not a speck of rust on any of them. I bought my newest G8 in Colorado Springs, but it was originally from New Mexico so it's clean as well. I just want to make sure it stays that way!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Unless your ocean side ,you should be ok. I hear if you live sea side ,the ocean salt can be pretty nasty to a car.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
i find the only rust proofing that is good is the electro type the actual oil spray leave a residue that soaks through the sills of the doors and make it look dingy so if ur worried i would get the electro stuuf and its a simple quick install jus hooks up to ur battery and part of the frame

·
Registered
270 Posts
I live on the east coast and I got my car rust proof professional is worth it when you live in the rust belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts