Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got a new camera and figured I'd get some vids of the new exhaust. Hope you guys like.

·
Dog Diggity
1,001 Posts
Thanks for this. It's kind of loud, which some people will like, and others will not.

Any chance of getting in-cabin audio/video? Pretty please? :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last time I went by I got on it. I don't think it's too loud but you are right some will not like it. I think it's much more sporty and not near as obnoxious as flowmasters can be.

I will try and get some videos of in the car. Give me bit to eat and I will see what I can get.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I like it a lot. I am definitely getting an H pipe and Stolen Fox / Magnaflow axel back set up.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Awesome video!! Thank you for taking the time to post it so everyone can listen for themselves. For those who think it may be a bit loud for their tastes I offer the following: "dodson914" has both my H-pipe and Magnaflow axlebacks which will considerably louder than the near silent stock exhaust. If you would like it tamer you could simply opt for just an H-pipe which will raise the sound volume of the stock mufflers slightly, or you can go with just axlebacks which will be more aggressive than just an H-pipe / stock mufflers but not as loud as the H-pipe + axlebacks.

Oh, and if you think these are loud just wait until someone gets the Flowmasters I'll be building soon.

Again, awesome work Chris!

S.F.

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts
sounds good !!! but not sure about those tips yet?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds good !!! but not sure about those tips yet?
The tips look much better in person imo.

Okay, here's the in cab. Just a few things to keep in mind. Radio and A/C are both off. I have a fairly heavy foot. So it could have been much quieter. The slam you hear towards the end is me slamming the visor up. My fiancee was trying to help and put it down because the sun was terrible. She put it right in front of my eyes and my other hand had the camera lol.

Sorry about the focus issues. I just got the camera and my finger tends to move on the zoom in/out button.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Super sensitive camera audio. I was in the car and it really isn't too loud at cruising. More of just a takeoff. But everyone has a threshold of what they can stand. I personally want a quiet ride.

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
Me likey!:driving:

Maybe when I get some of these bills paid off I'll spring for the H-pipe/axle-back combo, CAI and tune. Right now it's more about getting ready for retirement.:eek:ldfogey:

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
Dodson's car sounds great in person. nice low rumble. Not near as loud as GTO...much more pleasant, but still sounds like a V8. I was really impressed. Now, S.F., if you can get a set up built with stock tips that line up just like the tips on my car do now...then I am SOLD!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Whoa! I thought I was going to go through the dash! ;) It sounds pretty nice on the inside. And talk about super sensitive...listen to how loud the turn signal is!

Nice vid...sounds great! I can't wait for better tips!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
SF

I am very interested in your H pipe and axleback muffler mod. I wish to hear the engine when I crack the thottle but do NOT want a drone while just cruising. Can you video from inside the car while cruising the highway, running around town and with your foot in it too so we can hear it under various driving conditions, throttle positions and RPM's?

Thanks for what you do!

·
Registered
227 Posts
SF

I am very interested in your H pipe and axleback muffler mod. I wish to hear the engine when I crack the thottle but do NOT want a drone while just cruising. Can you video from inside the car while cruising the highway, running around town and with your foot in it too so we can hear it under various driving conditions, throttle positions and RPM's?

Thanks for what you do!
Please PM "dodson914" with your reqest as its his car that my products are on. At this point I dont own one of these awesome cars....yet. Hopefully I'll pick one up for the wife an I in the next 10-12 months.

S.F.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dodson's car sounds great in person. nice low rumble. Not near as loud as GTO...much more pleasant, but still sounds like a V8. I was really impressed. Now, S.F., if you can get a set up built with stock tips that line up just like the tips on my car do now...then I am SOLD!
I'm trying everything I can to find close copies of the stock tips with no luck. Hopefully I will be able to get the stock axleback assemblies from some of the people who buy my axlebacks, a full catback or have something custom done.

Since your local we can always use your stockers as the basis for building a Magnaflow axleback set for you......

S.F.

·
Dazed - Confused
497 Posts
Dodson - Why is your directional signal louder than mine???

I have flowmasters on my Denali XL and they are about the same volume, maybe louder.

S.F. - my credit card is burning a hole in my pocket. How much longer?

RRM

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dodson - Why is your directional signal louder than mine???

I have flowmasters on my Denali XL and they are about the same volume, maybe louder.

S.F. - my credit card is burning a hole in my pocket. How much longer?

RRM
I just got this new camera and I guess it's really sensitive. They are loud though.

Video no worky for some reason.
:confused: works for me

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
17 Participants
Slizzo
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing