Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Sactown! I have just now started making some mods to my baby and need to know if anyone can provide me with a few respected performance shops in the area. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Work needed: Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks Headers, and a Tune.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey Sactown! I have just now started making some mods to my baby and need to know if anyone can provide me with a few respected performance shops in the area. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Work needed: Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks Headers, and a Tune.

I don't know of any dedicated performance shops in the greater Sacramento region. Hot rod/custom shops? Yes but most of those shops only touch pre-1972 vehicles.

If your willing to drive, Synergy Motorsports is located in Fremont and they have a solid reputation. Furthermore, they are a one-stop shop offering tuning, engine and suspension upgrades. :)

P.S.-You have a PM coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Thanks a million for the info. I drive down to the Bay Area routinely, so this might be very doable for me. I will give them a look and let you know what I decide. I appreciate the response!

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Synergy has worked on several G8's in the past and will be doing all of my work in the near future. Rick has been very helpful throughout my modding process (ordering, installs, etc.). He can be a bit busy in the shop, so don't be too discouraged if it is difficult to get in-touch with him.

-Todd...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
IDK. I'd save a few bucks and not have a shop charge $85-$100 per hour to do the Rotofab install and then I'd go with Livernois for the tune. I'd be willing to lend a hand installing the Rotofab. If you go with Livernois, I'm familiar with their software. Its easy.

The header install is time consuming but I did that myself as well. You could use Synergy for that but just about any reputable shop could do it. I know of a few local shops but none that I'd be comfortable recommending since I haven't used them myself.

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
694 Posts
IDK. I'd save a few bucks and not have a shop charge $85-$100 per hour to do the Rotofab install and then I'd go with Livernois for the tune. I'd be willing to lend a hand installing the Rotofab. If you go with Livernois, I'm familiar with their software. Its easy.

The header install is time consuming but I did that myself as well. You could use Synergy for that but just about any reputable shop could do it. I know of a few local shops but none that I'd be comfortable recommending since I haven't used them myself.

Welcome to the board!

I suggested via PM that you and I could accomodate such a CAI installation. Furthermore, I told him about our resident ASE certified technician who does side work. ;)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I suggested via PM that you and I could accomodate such a CAI installation. Furthermore, I told him about our resident ASE certified technician who does side work. ;)
That's funny. I think we sent duplicate PM's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts