Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to know the crash test rating on the G8 or the Commodore equivalent. I have two kids thus the reason for the sedan rather than a vette. I know the G8 will have all wheel disc, traction control and side impact airbags so it will be pretty safe but the crash ratings are what I was wondering about.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it better than average, which is all one can hope for nowadays with all the crazy drivers out there.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I remember seeing complaints that the new Commodore didn't fare any better than the old one, although I think the old did fairly well. I too have two kids so safety is important to me as well.

·
GM Holden Ltd
523 Posts
4 out of 5 stars is pretty good for Australian standards,

the Chevrolet Aveo in USA scored 4-5 stars, yet the same car (Barina) scored only 2 stars in Australia!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Consider that the engineer involved in this wreck didn't need an ambulance. He was taken to the hospital by another engineer in the test caravan where he was treated for minor injuries.

Must be a pretty safe car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
lsx-438
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing